Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:48:38 AM EDT
I didn't know if there were any options other than Colt.  Thanks!

I have a few ding marks around the breakdown pin that need buffing out, fresh night sights, and the entire gun needs to be reparked.

Thanks!
H
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The only wiz bang custom 1911 I have is a series 80 that was done over by Ted Yost in about 1994. I would recommend him without hesitation. He has handled a few smaller projects for me over the years with excellent results.  www.yost-bonitz.com

He has several gunsmiths working for him now. He does refinish weapons and you dont need to wait 12 years to get your guns back. My brother just sent him 3 revolvers for tune ups
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
tripp without hesitation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm planning on sending a frame to Tripp for some hard chroming.

I live (central Texas) 425 miles from Tripp Research (west Texas).

Right now, I'm working in west Texas and I'm still 273 miles from them!

Texas is a big place, or like the tourism folks say, it's like a whole other country.

And just so you don't get confused, I'm in west Texas, not West, Texas.  West, Texas is more or less in central Texas.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Don Williams The Action Works is highly regarded and reasonably priced.  

Cheers

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys

ikor you have a very good point there.....if I spend too much, I might as well put the money towards a 2nd 1911
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Hokie, What about Bill at Gulf of Maine? I don't think you're looking at having anything done that he can't handle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hokie, What about Bill at Gulf of Maine? I don't think you're looking at having anything done that he can't handle.

Ya know....I never even ONCE thought about him....

you're absolutely RIGHT!  I feel stupid for not thinking of the guy 15 miles away.

Damn

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're absolutely RIGHT!  I feel stupid for not thinking of the guy 15 miles away.

Damn

Thanks man!

No problem. Post pictures when it's done. Do you shoot IDPA? Bring it over to Scarborough when the matches start again. I'll hold you to that
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
send to clark custom, les baer, caspian, briley mfg, wilson's, or kings
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Take a look at EGW's "ETreat".  So far, it's looking to be as tough (if not tougher) than hard chrome, and ......it's matte black!

R
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Take a look at EGW's "ETreat".  So far, it's looking to be as tough (if not tougher) than hard chrome, and ......it's matte black!

R

do you have a link to that?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn

Thanks man!

No problem. Post pictures when it's done. Do you shoot IDPA? Bring it over to Scarborough when the matches start again. I'll hold you to that

I've been meaning to get into that, but home life keeps me pretty entertained and busy lately (kids n all).  I know arfcommer M4-CQBR goes out to Scarborough a lot.  He's been trying to get me to go too....maybe I should just make time and do it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Here you go...
Scroll down a little ...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=27152
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like all you need is a good bead blast, park and a moly coat and you'll be good to go. Before you send it off, soften up the edges of the reat frame tangs and the back of the grip safety and maybe bob three or four nothces off the back of the hammer and then send it off for a refinish.  Shouldn't cost you more than two fifty ( max ) for a good park/moly coat refinish.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sounds like all you need is a good bead blast, park and a moly coat and you'll be good to go. Before you send it off, soften up the edges of the reat frame tangs and the back of the grip safety and maybe bob three or four nothces off the back of the hammer and then send it off for a refinish.  Shouldn't cost you more than two fifty ( max ) for a good park/moly coat refinish.

ETreat is $250 and a LOT more durable than any moly type baked finish.  Just a thought.

Here's some more info on it www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2788&highlight=etreat&sid=9a6f96308660618a8376b98edb9cabb0

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
This is great stuff guys, thanks for the information!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn

Thanks man!

I've been meaning to get into that, but home life keeps me pretty entertained and busy lately (kids n all).  I know arfcommer M4-CQBR goes out to Scarborough a lot.  He's been trying to get me to go too....maybe I should just make time and do it!

I'll send you and IM when they have this years schedule finalized.  We've got a meeting coming up in a week, I should know after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top