Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 4:43:41 AM EDT
i have a pistol that i had a gun smith build the lower half of.
i am settting up the upper half and think i need to tune the disconnector.  how do you do this?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Described the reasons for the need to "tune the disconnector".
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Described the reasons for the need to "tune the disconnector".

Yeah.  I can't remember why, but I had to replace a disconnector.  I don't even remember the problem, but the gunsmith said I diagnosed it correctly. (i need another cup of coffee)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
sure.  that would help.  it's an "i think" anyway.

with the slide on the pistol i can cock and drop the hammer.
with the hammer back the slide moves freely.  there seems to be a little contact with the dc.  But I guess that is ok ???  
if i run the slide and drop the hammer and keep the trigger back and I then run the slide again the hammer drops or follows the slide as it moves forward.  i.e. It does not reset.

So what do I need to to.  I don’t want to dink with the slide as it goes on another gun.  I want to modify parts on the lower to make the slide work on this gun.  Thanks.    

edd for clarity.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
btt.  

thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds like the disconnector is too short

or maybe but not likely installed wrong, basicly impossible to install wrong, although it could be backwards
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
it's in the right way.
i started playing with it a little and it will set the hammer about half the time now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
maybe the sear is hanging up

do this

take the slide off, cock the hammer, pull the trigger, catch the hammer so it does not hit the frame, press the disconnector down with a pen or punch, then try to cock the hammer, if it holds some thing is up with the disconnector, if it wont its the sear/hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top