Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 3:30:38 PM EDT
I'm about to put in a order for a firing pin stop for my Mil-Spec. It's a 45 but do you order one for the 38 or the 45, some one told the 38 since it has a 38 firing pin. But I'm thinking that Springer uses a priority type firing pin more or less.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a short summary on FP stops.  The diameter of the FP, regardless of .38/9mm, .45, or whatever, is the same at the rear.  So, what's the difference between the various stops?  

First, there is the difference between a Series 70 and a Series 80 stop.  A Series 80 stop has a relief cut on the lower right side.

Second, the difference between .38/9mm//40/10mm etc. stops and .45 stops is that the smaller caliber stops have a relief cut on the lower left to compensate for the wider ejectors of the smaller caliber guns.  You can easily modify a regular .45 stop for .38/9mm, or you can modify the back of the ejector.

There are other things to consider too, like whether the stop is oversized, whether it's unfinished at the bottom, etc.  Stay away from stops that are uncut at the bottom, unless you're familiar with firing pin stop timing.  

I hope that explains it.  For the Springer in .45, you want a .45 stop, Series 70.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Hobbs, I was looking at the Caspian oversize stops. This Information helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top