Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 1:39:24 PM EDT
Hey All,

I just purchased a Caspian 1911 Slide. I noticed the hole for the firing pin was to small. I called Caspian and they told me they use a 38s firing pin. Has anyone used a 9mm/38 firing pin with .45 before?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's fine.  Springfields have small firing pins also, and it is perfectly reliable.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I wanted a 2nd opinion before putting it all back together.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yipper. I bought a wilson combat bulletproof .45 firepin, it was way too big for my SA GI slide. I called them, they said get the .38super/9mm one. So, I sent this one back to Brownells and jus got my 9mm one. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the opposite problem on a build.  I originally had a Caspian slide, and bought a .38/9mm Wilson BP Firing Pin.  I bought it over a year ago, and now I'm going to have to get a .45, since I replaced the Caspian with a Colt Series 70.  Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top