Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 11:45:41 AM EDT
I want to build a 1911A1 and have been looking at frames for some time. I do not want a match 1911A1. I’ve been looking at the frames from Sarco and would like to buy the Essex .45 Automatic Pistol Frames. Does any one have experience with these frames? I know Essex makes a good frame. But the ones at Sarco are a lot cheaper. Here is a link:
www.sarcoinc.com/pistols-frames.html

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The one pistol I've built  was with an essox frame and their $160 everything but the frame brazilian spare parts kit.  It's a beater range gun but runs fine with ball ammo.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I built my 1911 from Essex frame and slide. They're not bad, as long as you don't mind some fitting. You will have to remove a lot of tool marks from certain areas (the feed ramp in particular).

Don't use the Sarco parts kit.  Trust me on this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually OWNED a complete Essex 1911 a LONG time ago.

Didnt have any problems with it.

I would buy both slide and frame from Essex , and ask them to check the fit for you.
( would cost a little more but probably save you some trouble)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top