Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:06:20 AM EDT
I am looking to track down a set of grips for my 1911. It is an Model of 1911 US Army Colt. The s/n places it in 1918. The gun also has an arsenal refinish. Other than the grips it is correct and in great shape. I want to do it justice and put the correct grips on it. (some stupid fart put rubber grips on it can you believe it) My questions are 1: does it get the orig double diamond walnut or the bakalites? 2: Does anyone have a resource for either of these grips? Any help is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks db
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know where you can get correct double diamond's.   But go here for the plastic grips.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on when it was re-arsenaled, it'd probably be correct with the plastic grips in place, especially if it was WWII reissued.  

Why not get a decent set of new grips for it?  You can get some nice wood with the correct double-diamond pattern from Brownell's.
Brownell's

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I have a pair of the original wood grips in the garage.  Didn't know they were worth anything...  They're, of course, pretty worn by now.  Belong to a 1911 I'm trying to get my hands back on.

Cheers,

kk7sm

ETA:  Check these out
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the responses. The link for the repro dd walnuts are getting my vote so far. Ill wait to see what else turns up.  I am more interested in making this gun correct rather than pretty. db
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two sets of the plastic grips if you are ever interested. One dates to WW2, the other I beleive are Korean.

IM me if you are interested
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]
TP im sent, let me know if you got it. Thx, db
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the IM, I work in the oilfield so I am not always home alot.

Did you want both sets or just the one?

let me know and I iwll send you a price
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top