Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 1:19:50 PM EDT
that frontstrap looks wicked nice....  

I already have a TLE/RL II pro and am being ofered a COlt combat commander.  

How will it be different other than the rail, night sites, checkering, yada yada.  I mean how will it SHOOT different?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=327764
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
May be alittle more reliable. I know people swear by Kimber, but I have had bad luck with them and just don't like the way they look (Not important to you, I know). I think you still will be paying for the Colt name, but my new production Colt has run flawlessly except for the magazine. Fail to lock back whem empty. New Powermags and it runs perfectly.

My friend just bought a new Rock Island 1911 (300.00) and I shoot JUST as good with it as I do my Colt. It doesn't have the features that I would like (sights,grips, etc), but it is a hell of a shooter. I think plenty of 1911's are justt as good as Colt, right out of the box
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
On the upside it'll clear leather faster. On the downside it will have slightly more muzzle flip when firing. Other thing to consider is the fact that it has a Series 80 trigger, which is not quite as nice as a "regular" 1911 trigger. In all I'd say it's a great gun (I myself prefer the Commanders), go for it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice 1911 that would be good to go as is or make an even better build platform.

That's what I'm thinking.  Instead of saving my money for food, rent, bills and oh yeah that thing called 'tomorrow', I'll dump it into customizing a pistol!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think you still will be paying for the Colt name, but my new production Colt has run flawlessly except for the magazine.

You will pay more for the Colt name, but you will get that value right back out of the gun should you ever choose to sell it.  Kimbers take a serious beating on resale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top