Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 2:04:26 AM EDT
I'm looking for a .22LR conversion for the 1911.

How easy is it to convert calibers?

Do they come with adjustable sights?

The converted 1911 will be for the Standard pistol competition, so I need a quality kit that is reliable and worthy of competitive shooting.

What about .22LR 1911 mags?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
The one I keep hearing the best things about is Marvel.  They make one with adjustable sights and one with a rail for optics.  They come with a target shot at 50 yards and those groups are small...under 1"......some well under www.marvelprod.com/testtargets.htm)  You just change out the top end to convert it.....the slide, barrel, guide rod, and spring.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kimber Conversion Kit, and it also works great. They usually sell for around $225, and are easy and quick to install. Accuracy is about 3' at 25 yards. They come with adjustable or non-adjustable sights. Mags are available from Kimber, Brownell's, and on ebay. Accuracy and reliability are excellent with hi-velocity .22 rounds like CCI Mini-Mags, and Velociters.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Has enyone used the Jarvis kit with a silencer?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
So all I have to do is remove the slide for the conversion?  Is this easily done without tools?

The Marvel conversion looks neat.  Will it function with high-end Euro ammo (Eley, Lapua, SK, etc . . .)?

ETA:  What is the difference between Unit 1 and Unit 2?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Marvel uses Lapua on its test target, unit1 bbl mounts to the frame at the slide stop and is stationary giving better accuracy, costs app $375, its accuracy has been compared to a smith #41, the unit 2 is about $100 cheaper and is "plinker" accurate  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the compensator a useful accessory?

Does it need the threaded barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top