Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 3:28:06 AM EDT
Hello, my names is Clint and i'm an alcoholic.

No but for real issues. I have been a kimber/ wilson combat/ les baer addict for about 6 years. So yesterday I came across a great deal on a nib trp operator. I brought it home and have tinkered with it all night and plan to go to the range later today.

I had heard about this known issue for a while and thought it wouldnt be like that in all of them, but low and behold mine had it.

The Issue: I have a stockpile of Wilson 47d mags, 37 to be exact, I swear by them, they hold up the best on and off duty and I have never had a malfunction. So guess what, none of them will lock the slide back. None of my chip McCormicks will lock the slide back. Only the two mags that came with the gun will.

So even though I have tried the search feature, I have been unable to find too much information on the subject. So my question is, what do I need to do to the mags? Or what is working for the guys who initially had this problem? I can clearly see that the followers are a bit more ached and possibly a milimeter exteded. Is my only option to order more of these springer mags?

One post I read stated that you could order the cobra mags from tripp research, did this solve the issue for anyone? I really have a large amount of cash invested in my wilson mags and I really hope this will be a simple fix.

Thanks for any responses,

Clint
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Try replacing the slide stop...I always found the McCormick slide stops to work when i had mags like the ones you describe.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on replacing the slide stop. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top