Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
Title pretty much says it all. I bought a bunch of Chip McCormick 10 rnd Power Mags for my Kimber TLE to use in IPSC competition before I found out that the CMC followers damage aluminum frames. I heard the plastic Wilson Combat followers work in CMC 8rnd mags, so I was wondering if they'd work in the 10 rnd mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump. Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The TLE has an aluminum frame?  I thought it was made from steel.

You might want to try some Tripp Research followers.  They're pretty slick.  They will reduce magazine capacity by one round.

TRIPP RESEARCH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't know. I just assumed it does. Anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know. I just assumed it does. Anyone know for sure?

i'm pretty sure that the TLE has an origional steel frame--only thier lightweights have aluminum...at least i think thats right

as to the WC followers in a CMC 10rnder, only 9 rnds would fit when i tried it.....i'm sure that it would feed reliably though

CMC might still make thier polymer followers...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, so the whole Custom series (except SS models) has steel frames. Nevermind my dump question. Since they feed reliably and I don't have to worry about my frame getting chewed up, I'll just keep the stock metal followers in my CMC mags. Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top