Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:30:59 AM EDT
Thought I'd share!
I sent an IM to Tzyck and then he called me and a week later I got the ultra thin grips with the new bushings and screws.  Couldn't be happier.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  How much thinner are they than say standard kimber black rubber grips?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
ncomparable.

I mean ALOT.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice.
VZ's ROCK!
I have two pairs myself, best grips I've ever purchased.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
hi i have the Kimber Warrior and I want to replace the fake gunner grips that are on them...i'm considering VZ's Gator Back grips but my question is whats the big difference between the grips in paper, linen, and canvas....also i know you said that the ultra thion grips are really thin but how thin compared to my fake gunners?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]

What if one of my bushings is oversized due to a horrible accident in my past stupidity?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
you get new bushings....  just im the dude in my post.  he's VERY helpful.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have three pair and they are great. It's also a great company to deal with. John is second to none for service and producing a quality product.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I jut can't get over how thin they are.  I've got a weird kind of hand, not completely lady hand but I have HUGE palms and small fingers and that means a short trigger reach.  These grips simply don't exist.  They are the absolute thinnest ou can go and still cover the frame!  Yet they are so damn grippy!  Guy's a genius.  Deserves every bit of praise I heard before I chose these and now I'll join the chorus.

Once I get a 1911 with a short trigger, I'm gonna try a thicker tackier pair like canvas.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
nice
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I am going to put green canvas on mine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats a sweet little 1911!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hi i have the Kimber Warrior and I want to replace the fake gunner grips that are on them...i'm considering VZ's Gator Back grips but my question is whats the big difference between the grips in paper, linen, and canvas....also i know you said that the ultra thion grips are really thin but how thin compared to my fake gunners?

I own one of each.  The paper has a pretty hard surface.  That means its slick.  Your hand really isn't going to slip because the meat of your hand and fingers falls into the large grooves.  The linen has a little surface texture, but not much.  The canvas feels like very fine sandpaper.  Its not enough to abrade your hand like Gunners will, but just enough to give that little extra grip.  In the future, I will only get the canvas, but there is nothing wrong with the paper or linen.  

The paper does look better.  It shows contrasting colors nicely.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I got my VZ 320's in blasted black canvas the same day I shipped my 1911 off to Tripp research... They look hot, and another set will be going on my 5" when I get it!!!

-- OJM
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#15]
My SS Commander:
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
He's going to do green/black canvas with an Operator texture and square bottoms for me when he returns from SHOT.  I'm so eager to get them, I can hardly stand it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top