Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:56:58 PM EDT
anyone had any work done by Evolution Gun Works in Pa.? if so what do u think?
I'm thinking of sending my kimber warrior there for a complete work over of MIM parts and adding a S&A magwell and 20lpi front strap checkering

what do you guys think
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
EGW put a Bo-mar adjustable sight and a dovetail front on a Springfield for me about 10 years ago.  The work was absolutely flawless.

They are known for their excellent work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
EGW is top notch.  

They have done some repairs and modifications for me.  Quality of the work was very good, price was reasonable.

They make a lot of the parts that they use.  Barstock/CNC stuff.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say this cause I'm from PA, but I have never heard of them.  

I'll have to find out where they are now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
EGW used to build guns for that Doug Koenig guy, apparently he's really good at shooting or something...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
ok guys thanks for the opinions i think i will send it out to them...and sooner then i thought (like next week) lol
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Top quality shop!

Look at the perfect fit and blending of this comp, it's perfect, almost seamless, indicates exceptional talent.

egw-guns.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
EGW is in or rear Quakertown in NE PA.  They did a beavertail and fixed a rear site for me.  They did a great job.  However, long wait ( they told me ahead of time) and top dollar.  I actually drove up there to drop off/pick up my gun and met some of the guys.  They seem like a nice bunch of people.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear their backlog is DOWN to three months now.  Used to be almost a year.   Oh  BTW  Quakertown is  in SE Pennsylvnia   maybe 25-30 miles outside Philly.  13 miles up rt 313 from Doylestown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top