Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 1:03:17 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade from the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good replacement barrel. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

If the gun runs OK currently, why do you want another barrel?  The $300+ you'll spend on a barrel, bushing, and fitting is probably better spent on ammo and a class.

Most factory barrels do just fine in the accuracy department (they will shoot better than any of us can take advantage of).

I have a Baer with the 1.5" accuracy guarantee (10 rounds into 1.5" at 50 yds using Hydrashocks, Golden Saber, or WWB).  Best I can personally do is 4" at 50 yds, and that's prone, slow fire.  However, at less than 25 yds, I don't shoot this pistol much better than any of my other 1911s.

Barrel fit is more important than what barrel you have.  

Training/practice helps.

Ammo choice is also important.  A pistol that won't group well with ball will often do much better with quality ammo like hydrashock, golden saber, or match quality ammo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top