Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 12:21:54 PM EDT
My first Wilson Combat pistol: A CQB Compact, customized at the factory in SS.  

Here it is pictured alongside my '44' Remington Rand

Here it is under a white background

The first customization: presentation grade cocobolo double diamond grips. I was very pleased with Larry's assistance (my WC rep) who had them hand picked as per my color/pattern request.

Next, I had a two-piece guide rod system installed...

I also had the speed chute installed and blended to the frame. It wasn't cheap, but I am quickly discovering how it will soon pay for itself. Mag transitions are fluid and gives me the opportunity to keep my eyes where they need to be.

Finally, I added 30 lpi checkering to the front of the trigger guard. The aesthetics are superb and the finger control of the support hand is significant. also pictured is a sample of their frontstrap work, also 30 lpi and exemplary (as is the MSH checkering).

The bushingless conical barrel setup AKA the "business end"

business in the front... party in the rear

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the feel of the pistol. The teeth of the checkering burrow into the hand holding the weapon fast, and complement the checkering of the grips. The trigger pull is a clean 3.5 # and breaks flawlessly. Night sights make for quick acquisition with the twin yellow beads of the rear contrasting with the green of the front sight post. Every surface is dehorned, polished or blasted with great attention to detail. It is clear that a great deal of attention went into this pistol and my dollars went into hard work, not just the company's bottom line (an unfortunate turn that occurs with many companies today)

I will be happy to include a range report, but the simple prediction is it will outshoot me on my best day. I waited a long time for the carry pistol, and this pistol feels like it will deliver. I apologize for the poor resolution pics that don't do her justice, but I hope you enjoyed sharing a little slice of 1911hood from my locker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top