Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:11:29 PM EDT
Sorry I couldn't think of a better title, but are there any factory 4" guns that come with a standard grip safety.  The only thing I can find, by looking at the various manufacturers websites, is a Springfield GI.  

I wish Springfield made a 4" Milspec.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Available with a 4.25" barrel.  Kool-Aid

ETA:  Sorry, it looks like the shorter version comes with a beavertail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry I couldn't think of a better title, but are there any factory 4" guns that come with a standard grip safety.  The only thing I can find, by looking at the various manufacturers websites, is a Springfield GI.  

I wish Springfield made a 4" Milspec.

Go with the 4" GI, it's a damn good pistol and for the price you have plenty of extra $$ if you want to make some mods to customize it if you wish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well thanks for the suggestions I probably won't get the GI.  I'll have to talk to my local dealer and see what he can come up with.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a possibility you could buy the 4" gun of your dreams and then add a standard safety?  People trade out standard safety's for beavertails, I dont know why the opposite wouldnt work.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know some of the beaver tails require removing quite a bit of material.  I never really thought about it though maybe I'll have to try it with a couple of 5 inch guns that I have in my possession right now.

I know that when I first got my Warrior the factory Kimber beavertail that was on it left a lot of metal in place.

Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to take a lot of material off to fit a 'tail.  Sorry, won't work.  At least not well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Well it sounded good in theory I guess (to me, a 1911 noob)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top