Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
Just wanted to let all of you know how much pride one can get when they finish a project such as customizing your first 1911. I had no idea about 1911's till last summer when I got hooked on my first one. Anyway, I bought a mil spec Springfield last summer and since then I've been adding things and fitting parts. So far, I had filed and fitted a grip safety, fitted a trigger, changed the grips, fitted a thumb safety, sear, hammer, dissconector, and last week I fitted a Kart EZ fit barrel and bushing. Went and shot it today. I put about 350 rounds through it including a few Gold do hollow points, and not a single malfunction of any kind. Afterwards I checked the barrel lugs and slide stop to make sure that they were contacting evenly and they were. Everything has went well so far. What a feeling it is to teach yourself and finish a product that comes out good for your first time. I just wanted to say that. Thanks for listening. If I figure out how to post pictures, I WILL ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top