Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:19:32 PM EDT
I just bought a SA XD9 and want to sell it already (because its not a1911)
I have been thinking about selling my HK USP (not a 1911)
KIMBER TLE/RL II because it has an external extractor. (its not really a 1911 )

Now i love my Warrior and Mil Spec.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
It's natural to sell sub-standard firearms.
Have you had any problems with the TLE? I had a Pro TLE/RL with th external and didn't have any problems with it. Just curious.
BTW, where are the pics of the Warrior & SA ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are anywhere around Jackson Mi, stop on in sometime and I'll let you shoot a "few" 1911 toys. Anything from WW2 USGIs to a Colt 1911 38 special to commanders, Gold cups, defenders and the like. You will NEVER go back to those "other" thingys. IM me if you are from around Jackson and ever want to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt see were you owned an STI yet so I think you still have a ways to go.

www.stiguns.com/

Check out their screen saver TOO COOL.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are anywhere around Jackson Mi, stop on in sometime and I'll let you shoot a "few" 1911 toys. Anything from WW2 USGIs to a Colt 1911 38 special to commanders, Gold cups, defenders and the like. You will NEVER go back to those "other" thingys. IM me if you are from around Jackson and ever want to shoot.

Almost makes me wish I still lived in Michigan..........
...........................naw,

Remember, we are a FA State now. All we have to do is dump the Berkeley B--ch and sell Detroit to the Canadians.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an XD in 9. Sold it. Glock 19. sold it. HK USP 9, both full size and compact, sold them.

The only non-1911 handguns I have now are revolvers and Hi Powers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just bought a SA XD9 and want to sell it already (because its not a1911)
I have been thinking about selling my HK USP (not a 1911)
KIMBER TLE/RL II because it has an external extractor. (its not really a 1911 )

Now i love my Warrior and Mil Spec.

Yes you're a snob but thats ok.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a snob,
Just Smart.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]

The SA is at the gun shop having night sights put on.

the TLE/RL runs great in its 300 rounds the Warrior gets a lot more use. along with I think i need a full custom from someone I just need to find them. Also with Kimber discontinuing the external extractor if my extractor breaks will their be a replacement part? Or will i need a new slide? I just don't want to deal with that question if/when it happens.  

I live in Monroe just an hour a way so i may have to take you up on that offer.

It funny i just shot a STI Friday the Edge i think it was, I have been looking at either the Edge, Executive, or Lawman.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Almost makes me wish I still lived in Michigan..........
...........................naw,

Remember, we are a FA State now. All we have to do is dump the Berkeley B--ch and sell Detroit to the Canadians.

Sell Detroit? Hell, I thought we were gettin' ready to Annex Canada!

T Bone (Detroit..... no dear Canooks, it ain't for sale ).
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't fight it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
No.  Because you're not even into custom 1911s yet.  

www.louderthanwords.us/
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.louderthanwords.us/

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I confess.  I only have one 1911 and I'm a 1911 snob.    

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I do not have any full customs yet BUT I have 4 which will all be here spread through the next 30 mths.  Does that count at all?
Also, I have one piece going one of the top smiths to have some customization done to it and being made totally carry ready and reliable then another tactical rail piece which is going to have some minor custom work as well.

I am so bad I traded my first 1911 the other day, it was a Kimber Series I (excuse me, pre series II) CDP Compact.  for a 1975 Colt LW Commander which will be going out for total cusomization soon as my name comes up from one man.  I just decided I could not be happy with what a factory thinks should be the right custom piece for me, only I know and a smith can build whats really my ideal carry piece.

I still have my HK's and Glocks (well I have each Glock in 9 mm, I shoot lousy with them but I wanted them for some reason).  I just cant part with my HK's no matter what (I have a few but want a few more).  I have one wheel gun (340 pd) one pocket pistol (Rohrbaugh) I am really considering a Springfield XD but think I will rent one first.  I like the shaving I have seen some guys do on them and it looks like it could be a good woods or tactical piece in addition to or inplace of the Glocks.

Why spend the money for a Nighthawk, Ed Brown or Wilson when you can get a top end smith to do you a total custom piece for about 40% more......  The wait is the only issue I could see being a problem but I am patient.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#16]
No, it just sounds like you have become an educated 1911 buyer.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going to get myself flamed for this, but I much prefer my Sig 220 to any 1911 I've ever handled.  Kimbers, Colt NM Gold Cup, 1917 U.S. army pistol, Springfields (loaded and mil-spec), etc.  The Sig is just more ergonomic to me.  Not that I would trade off my Springfield, but I must say it doesn't see the amount of use the Sig does.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.louderthanwords.us/

Beware this link. Once you visit there you are doomed to a life of poverty.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I'll give you $300 for that USP since you hate it so much. I'll give you $300 for the Kimber.  Since you hate them so much, why don't you give them to someone who will appriciate them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top