Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 7:01:59 AM EDT
I bought a couple of the CM 10 round power mags. They won't feed worth a darn. When the slide comes forward to strip the top round off, it nose dives instead of going up the feed ramp. Any ideas ? I am using a couple of the wilson 10 round mags and they have worked fine so far. All the Mecgar 7 round mags also work great. Anybody else had a problem with the Chip Mcormick 10 round mags ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
i had the same problem.  replaced the follower and the spring with a tripps kit.  drops down to 9 rounds, but now they work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the problem is with the follower. It is very flimsy. You can push it down at an angle very easily, which is why it doesn't feed very well in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine have run fine for years.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#4]
what kinda ammo?

my CMC mags sometimes will not feed Speer 230 gold dots--the HP is woo wide and flat and when mixed with the CMC power springs and straight follower feed, they just lodge up the bbl ramp

i now use  WCs and novacs for carry--CMCs stay for the range
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Never had luck with Chip MC mags. Have a box full of the 8 & 10rd CMC mags with dead springs.
Now all I buy are Novak and Pachymr mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine have run fine for years.

Same here.  Chip does stand behind the mags, so if you have a couple that don't work you might try calling them to see if they will replace the ones that don't work.  It may not happen, but I've had good luck with their mags and customer service.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem with my 8 round CM mags. Works great with FMJ, but not at all with HP's.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I've given up on CMC mags.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  I will use one in USPSA if I can use it during a speed reload.  If I have to load it from slide lock or when manually chambering the first round, it will usually not work.  Like was described in the first post, the round will nose dive into the feed ramp.  For some reason, this doesn't seem to happen when shooting.

I also had problems with the Power Mags in 8 round configuration, but it was a different problem.  The last round out of the mag would jump in front of the extractor.  That caused a failure to close the action.  In some cases, I'm sure the extractor jumped the rim which is never a good thing.  I traded them off to a guy who replaces the follower with Tripp springs and followers.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered the Tripp kit for them. I'll try them and hope that they work. It would be a shame to have spent the money for the cm mags and just have them sit in the safe. So far, I have not had any problems with the Wilson 10 round mags. I'll let you know how the Tripp kits work out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top