Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 4:03:52 PM EDT
They kinda look the same, are they?

Anyplace to get either cheap?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Except for the name and marketing, they are the same.   Good stuff, though I'm loyal to Wilson mags.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had several of these and they have all cracked along the feed lips.  Novak will replace them but it's still a hassle with paying postage and all.

I've seen them for about $15.00 on average.  For the extra $6.00 each, the Wilson mags from Natchez SS is a better deal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I started using them about a 2 months ago when I found out that a couple freinds were using them.  I picked them up used and cheap.  I've beat the heck out of them, done many hard mag changes, and they've held up well.  I'll be looking out for those cracked lips though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Except for the name and marketing, they are the same.   Good stuff, though I'm loyal to Wilson mags.

According to Novak, they're made by ACT-MAG and are not (and have never been) made by MecGar.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have several Mecgar mags that I have used for the last year and I think they are great. I have had absolutely zero problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I read only good about them in the gun rags.  Good enough to come with Nighthawk pistols.,......  I bought one to try at a gun show... so far it's nice, I like the basepad shape alot.  Haven't fired with it yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I had some bad luck with Megger 8 round mags. Which is a shame because in every other pistol design megger mags have been good for me.
pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top