Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:18:35 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the 4 1/4 scadium frame 1911?? Is the function 100%?? How about recoil??
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one for a while.  It ran 100% with Metalform mags and any ammo I fed it.  Accuracy was very good, too.  I sold it to a friend to pay for a Colt LW Commander.  Recoil is on a par with any other LW commander-sized gun- i.e, not too bad.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked one up several months ago now.  After several hundred failureless rounds, went on my hip for duty and CCW.  Now my hip doesn't like anyone else snuggling up against it.  Just breeched 5000 rounds this weekend, and still no hiccups.  Seems to eat anything you put in front of it.  Recoil is quite manageable.  One noteworthy comment, the stock mags from SW have been flawless to date.  With my SAs, swapped out quickly for WCs...but I would rate the SW 8 rounders pretty close to equal for fit and function to most any other high line/more reliable aftermarkets.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't say much about the 4 1/4" but add 3/4" more to that and so far 1000 rounds of magtech down the pipe without a prob.  Independence (uber cheap range ammo) gave me problems b/c of the rough brass topping with failure to feeds.  Stuff was insanely cheap though so don't worry about that.  I've had zero glitches with JHP's or magtech 230g FMJ.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
just put in 148 rnds in it yesterday (got it last week, used)--it works great (used Novac, WC, CMC, metalform mags)

100% function, very good accuracy

recoil: noticibly more than my full size 1911, but not that bad

also, a friend of mine's older SC version has ~200 rnds through it, 100% reliablilty

i think (and from what i hav been seeing) SW has the most reliable 1911s out of the box...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sc frames are different from the steel framed S&W 1911's. IIRC, the front strap is wider, or more squared accross the front strap. The feel is different. Colt lightweights seem to have the same shape as the steel guns. I wonder why the difference?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My PD Commander has been flawless so far also. Highly recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top