Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:01 PM EDT
I have a Springfield Milspec and would like to change the sights over to something better for competition. I have looked at Novak and like them. Do I really need a rear adjustable sight?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Bo-Mar.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
IPSC, Sorry, So when I have them installed I just tell the gunsmith what load I will be using?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just use fixed sights.  As long as you shoot the same or similar load you won't have any problems.  And you won't cut yourself, or break the sights.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks..
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Brian Enos has a great forum about IPSC and stuff...

lots of good info.

www.brianenos.com/forums/
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless you're doing a good bit of no-light stages, a fiber optic front is a good idea.  My competition guns are also my carry guns so I have not had one installed, but I have shot guns that have them.  The front sight just jumps into view.  Its awesome.  If I had one that wasn't a carry gun, I'd have one on in a heartbeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top