Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 4:43:05 PM EDT
I am looking real hard at a Nighthawk GRP. Anyone shot one or have one that can give some feedback?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am looking real hard at a Nighthawk GRP. Anyone shot one or have one that can give some feedback?

I know its not the best feedback but this months American Rifleman has an article on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know its not the best feedback but this months American Rifleman has an article on it.

Yeah, I read that. Good article but I really don't trust magazine reviews.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You may or may not know but the guys who started Nighthawk came from Wilson Combat.  The are in the same town in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy one and give us arfcomers a review!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
My Nighthawk GRP Recon is awesome!  So far I've only put about 50 rounds through it (that's all the .45 I had on hand hopefully I'll find time to go to the range again soon).  It's well made and it's pretty tight, and feels excellent in the hand.  It's got a bit of a heft to it, but therefore controls recoil nicely.  The Crimson Trace is really nice, but watch your trigger finger placement when holding your finger alongside the trigger guard or you'll block the beam (this isn't an issue with your finger ON the trigger, of course!).  The X200 on mine is the "A" version, not the "B" version, although I would have rathered the "B" version (more wide-angled beam for indoor use), I'm still happy with it as this tighter beam is a little more blinding (if I had to use it that way), plus it's got one helluva throw for such a little light.  The trigger really is crisp without much, if any creep as well.  The adjustable nightsights are tres cool, as well.  I even got the test target that had the names of the three people that made my gun .  Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Here's some pics:

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
does the GRP come with the frontstrap checkered...if so @what lpi...if its 20 or 30 lpi then does it match the mainspring?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it's checked but I don't remember the lpi off he top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't speak to the GRP specifically, but two instructors of whom I have the utmost respect use Nighthawk pistols when they instruct. I figure if Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers are using them, they must be good.

BTW, before any cynics weigh in, they bought the pistols out of pocket.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I was planning on picking one up in the VZ grips though, no crimson trace or rail... not my thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top