Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:35:34 PM EDT
A guy here just had his father die in CA and has just inherited a firearm collection.  He wants $275.00 for Norinco 1911A1.  I was thinking of offering him $250.00 if it is in good condition.  I don't really need it as I have a Springfield (payed $325.00) and another .45 (payed $100.00 but sunk some money into it having it rebuilt) I had customized (got both of these from different people the same way, but from different people).

Is a Norinco .45 worth $250.00 if it is in decent condition.  Are they interchangable with available parts?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's worth it.  The Norinco frame and slide are very rugged.  I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd grab it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Why are you sitting at your computer asking this question?

Go get that thing!!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why are you sitting at your computer asking this question?

Go get that thing!!!!

what he said.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I will offer $250.00.  I will have to talk to him on Friday.

These are the 2 I own.  I paid $325.00 for the Springfield (ladies husband was a shooter but he dropped dead).  

Paid $100.00 for the other, it was in a plastic bag in a shed, Essex frame and Colt slide but I had to have it rebuilt. The parts, chroming and labor ($35.00) ran me about $400.00 more so I have about $500.00 in the 2nd pistol.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You are one lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I work for the Gov't.  Started when I was 18 originally in the Marines, but DOJ now and get to retire in 2 yrs 10 months.  I then move to Michigan where I own some property and will be building a new house.  The bad part is I will have to register all of my pistols.  I have also been selling off all of my collapsible stocks and stuff that will be a hassle due to the laws up there.  You guys in Michigan can do me a favor by voting out your antigun Canadian governor before I move back.  

Quoted:
You are one lucky bastard.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A guy here just had his father die in CA and has just inherited a firearm collection.  He wants $275.00 for Norinco 1911A1.  I was thinking of offering him $250.00 if it is in good condition.  I don't really need it as I have a Springfield (payed $325.00) and another .45 (payed $100.00 but sunk some money into it having it rebuilt) I had customized (got both of these from different people the same way, but from different people).

Is a Norinco .45 worth $250.00 if it is in decent condition.  Are they interchangable with available parts?

Yes, even at $275 I'd take it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd jump on it and use it to start getting into some light gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid 300 for  my Norinco 1911 in used condition. Most accurate government model I've ever shot...with American Eagle 230 gr its almost as accurate as a friends XD40. I was completely surprised and couldn't be more pleased with it.  

Z

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
well?
did you get it yet?>>?
why you waiting..
wheres the pix...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#14]
In a heartbeat I paid $325 for mine No regrets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
well?
did you get it yet?>>?
why you waiting..
wheres the pix...

I just have the list of guns with the price list.  Neighbor who works with the guy on base (they are both Air Force) brought the list to me as he knows I have alot of guns.  Person who inherited them because his father just died has to go pick them up in California.  The guy told me all prices are negotiable.  I will see him this weekend.  If I get it for $250.00 I'll get it.  No big deal if I don't.  The 2 I have I haven't shot in a year or so.  If I get it I will post pictures.

One of the members here is supposed to come to my house in the morning and purchase this:

I'll have some left over even after getting the Norinco.

These are what I normally shoot.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont buy commie copies of American guns.  But Im odd man out on that principle.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I dont buy commie copies of American guns.  But Im odd man out on that principle.

used to be my feelings too.....but time changes things.....i remember a time when some used to say that norinco was junk.....not any more....this devil dog knows what works!.....damn maks...amazing little things aren`t they..........
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Me too. Save up and buy a real gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Always keep in mind, you get what you pay for.  Save up and buy something that will go boom every time you pull the trigger, instead of KABOOM.  I agree with Lumpy 100%.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont buy commie copies of American guns.  But Im odd man out on that principle. maks...amazing little things aren`t they..........

"this devil dog" was reference to "mak"......not me........didn`t say it right.........          
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

used to be my feelings too.....but time changes things.....i remember a time when some used to say that norinco was junk.....not any more....this devil dog knows what works!.....damn maks...amazing little things aren`t they..........

It doesnt have ANYTHING to do with functionality.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#23]
for 250.00 go for it
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#24]
He crossed it off on the list so it should be mine when they get the guns back to Arizona.  I will have to check it out first and if I get it I will post pics.

Hoppy is that hard chromed?  Did you have it refinished or did it come like that?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#25]
......hey lumpy.....i understand your attitude, believe me..there was a time when i totally refused to own anything in 762-39....there was a time when i would never think of having a 9mm in my collection....but time changed things...and lets just say i have  "expanded my possibilities" hey..the soviet bloc has thier success too and i just decide to have fun "experimenting"....i might even feel guilty if i didn`t see the jarheads in the sandbox with m-4`s on the sling and a a-k in the lap....ask me what i would reach for if the shtf in my nieghborhood...( GOD forbid) and you wouldn`t be surprised...   otherwise..i understand your feelings and totally respect them....honest....but we do still live in a freedom of choice.......there was no criticism intended.........kk
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Most Chinese firearms were imported years ago as most are banned from import now except maybe those cheap shotguns.  Buying a second-hand Norinco or Polytech is not putting cash in the hands of the PRA but in the hands of US gun owners who may need the cash to bury their father.  

Would it be better to turn this gun in at a California gun buyback for $50.00 to have it destroyed or to have me own it?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Mak, go ahead and buy it if you want it. I with Lumpy on this, I know the money you paid the guy won't go to  Red China. Call me old fashion but I will not buy anything made in China. That when I buy power tool I buy Milwaukee, Snap-on and some Craftsman, I don't set foot in Wal-Mart unless I'm buying ammo. But the reason I don't buy Chinese things, Because I don't want to support a country, that wants me destroyed!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#28]
The hard chromed barrels are the SHIZZNIT!

I wonder why American makers don't do that!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#29]
yes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed... Norinco is the best place to start, I have had 2 Clark customes and they are sleepers, the hexavalent chrome plating on the barrel is awesome, the metal albiet rough from China, is very good metal to start with for a 1911.

But I'm sure I'm not telling you guys something you didn't already know.
:)
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#31]
At gunshows here in Florida, brand new Norincos go for $300-$350. If it is in good/excellent condition (forget the finish) and you can pick it up for $250 you would be foolish not to go for it. It is an excellent well built steel base gun for a custom build or as is just to knock around with.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hoppy is that hard chromed?  Did you have it refinished or did it come like that?

Brushed nickel.  I've owned it about three years and it's been my "project" piece.  I did a trigger and polish job a while back and just got it back from the plater a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I certainly understand those who would refuse to buy the Chinese version on principle, but why limit this to guns???

We as Americans really suck as consumers.  Price, price, price...without regard to the long term consequences!  Whole industries have been wiped out in America by overseas competition.  That has only been possible with the willing co-operation of consumers who don't care about American jobs when they go to Walmart and don't even look at where something is made, just the price!!!

Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I certainly understand those who would refuse to buy the Chinese version on principle, but why limit this to guns???

We as Americans really suck as consumers.  Price, price, price...without regard to the long term consequences!  Whole industries have been wiped out in America by overseas competition.  That has only been possible with the willing co-operation of consumers who don't care about American jobs when they go to Walmart and don't even look at where something is made, just the price!!!

Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now.  

I don't shop at Walmart.  This thread was started to see if a Chinese 1911A1 for $250.00 that is no longer imported was a good deal.  It has nothing to do with certain members beliefs and politics as the gun was imported at one time, is now banned from importation as far as I know and since it is used, no funds would be going to the Communist Chinese PRA.  Thanks to those who gave good advice pertaining to the question I asked and stayed on subject.  When and if I get the pistol, I will post pictures of it and what it becomes.

Of course, I will have to start a new thread as this one has been sidetracked with politics which was not my intention.

In the picture I posted with the two used 1911's I own, the hard chromed one was a plastic bag full of badly abused parts and now isn't too bad of a gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

In the picture I posted with the two used 1911's I own, the hard chromed one was a plastic bag full of badly abused parts and now isn't too bad of a gun.

A man after my own heart.  Very few of the guns I have were bought new.  Most started as inexpensive, beat up pieces (many C&R's) that come back to life with just a little TLC.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#36]
The only Norincos I see on Gunbroker are going for around $500.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought my Norinco 1911 A1 brand new for around that same price...........in 1992! After, a year of owning it my only modifications to it were a solid guide rod, mag well, pachmyer grips, extended slide stop, skeletonized trigger and hammer.  Keep in mind the majority of those parts were not major brand names and are rough around the edges. Ive put thousands of winchester whitebox FMJ ammo through it and never had any light strikes, broken anything or misfeeds. When the action is closed the factory barrel does not budge.  Even today at 20-25feet im still averagin 2-2.5 inch groupings. However, now that in its old age it is having extraction issues after it warms up. Nothing that replacing the extractor with a quality one cant cure im sure. So too answer your question"should i buy it?" that would be a yes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, i would

eventhough i dont like chicom or thier crap they sell here, they do have some good firearms (AKs, SKSs, 1911s, and such that are actually worth it)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#39]
As one of the few in thread that has owned one, I would buy it..

They are a great base to build an excellent gun from...my only regret is not keeping mine..

When I got mine from a gunshop, they were new for $250...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Still waiting for the guy to bring it back from CA.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#41]
yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top