Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 11:23:19 AM EDT
I must have missed the part where someone ran him off.

Too bad -- I, for one, learned something from nearly every post.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I noticed alot of his posts got deleted.   What happened?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Too bad -- I, for one, learned something from nearly every post.

I hope he didn't get run off, i too learned something from most every post he made.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Last Logon:  1/26/2006 4:37:21 PM EST

His account is still active at least.

Maybe you should PM him offline, rather than discussing this in a public forum.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe you should PM him offline, rather than discussing this in a public forum.....

I don't want to drag out dirty laundry, just wondering if there was something I missed.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want to drag out dirty laundry, just wondering if there was something I missed.  

I'm sure you intentions weren't malicious.  

I for one miss his posts here as well.  However, if he chooses to remove all his previous posts, that might give one pause as to what should be brought into a public forum.  Apparently whatever transpired to cause his absence wasn't public at the time, and would probably be best to be left that way until John decides otherwise (if at all).

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 with SGB. I have been in touch with John. He definitely has his reasons for being reclusive at this time. We should respect those reasons and some day perhaps he will choose again to become active. This really is not a proper topic for speculation.

Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well then, here's to Hobbs!  I learned from him too and hope he makes it back this way some day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well then, here's to Hobbs!  I learned from him too and hope he makes it back this way some day.

My sentiments exactly.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sentiments exactly.  

+2
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn, this place seems to have a habit of running the good guys off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope all is good with him. I also learned a thing or 3 from his posts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still here, I suppose.  I appreciate all the kind words.  The handgun forums at this site held a lot of appeal for me, as I took great pleasure sharing ideas with various people.  

For whatever it's worth, I deleted my own posts.  Nothing bad happened.  All is well with my family, work, etc.  I spend my time at another board.  Out of respect for the outstanding mods here (SGB, JasonBurton, Ikor, munyguru, Stokes, and the list goes on), I won't go into the myriad reasons I stopped being active.  To do so would involve explaining the unclassy conduct of some of the members of Staff.  The only other real reason was that I got a little weary of argiung with the very few who persistently posted erroneous information on 1911 modifications, but that was a minor thing.

I still check in to look at the EE and check my IMs.  If anyone wants to contact me, I'm very accessible.  I'm always happy to help out in 1911 matters, but quite frankly, there are so many knowledgable people here, the most I can do is simply echo what others say.  

So, maybe when the sour taste has left my mouth, I'll be back.  I certainly do miss all the regulars here.  That definitely includes all who posted on this thread, and about another 20 people who continued to astound me with their knowledge of 1911s and/or their enthusiasm.  My hats off to all of you.

ETA: Turns out that the thing that bothered me most that I thought was perpetrated by staff was actually a hoax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top