Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 12:54:05 PM EDT
but I don't want to do any machining. I have a Charles Daly,(been discussed here before, it runs 100% now) and wanted to know if anyone knows the sizes that they used for the rear sight and front sight. I want to know the dovetail angle and the width. I would measure it if I could, but I don't have anything to measure the sizes myself. I know there are a few out there that work on most everything and I am hoping that one of you have changed out sights on one before.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Novak lists some sights that require no machining, but I did'nt see any list for a CD.  I'd check out their sight or give them a call. NOVAK
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]

It would look so much better with a set of three dot sights in it wouldn't it? Come on anybody have a clue or should I just buy a bunch of different sizes till I find one that fits?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Front looks like .330" wide by .075" deep by 65 degrees, while rear looks like .346" wide by .814" deep by 65 degrees.  The latter is a standard USGI rear sight dovetail.  Most modern rears are approximately .120" to .125" deep.   Yours looks to be a more shallow cut, but a standard rear will fit.  

The probelm with guns like this is that there are variations between guns depending on when it was made, and there are no real records, so to speak.  I've changed sights on a few CDs, but never one without the "Novak" style rear.  The one's I've seen had the above mentioned front sight dimensions though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top