Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:15:41 PM EDT
well, after a brief fling with a S/W 1911 sc, I couldnt get over the external extractor, so I have a kimber pro carry HD brand new with Internal Extractor coming that should be here next tuesday..

so here we go, I assume that before I head out to the range, I should at least field strip/ clean and lube it..I was thinking CLP? suggestions welcome..

I got 400 rounds of WWB, and Im looking for some wilson 47D's

what should I be doing at the range, as far as cleaning ? what products should I be using and at what interval? should it be done?

any cleaning/ maintance advice / tricks would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to mess up, and being that I build race engines for a living,I know that a proper break in period and proper procedure results in maximum horse power I assume that this applies to firearms too.

If it were a engine I would have all the answers, but it's not, so I look to you for advice...

pics will follow after I take posession...soo this thread is "usefull" even without em

did I mention I cant wait

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Grease the slide rails, locking lugs on slide/bbl., bushing, and hammer strut, oil everything else.  Shoot the hell out of it!  My little "trick" for cleaning, brake cleaner.  I completly strip it and hose it, lots of clp (brake cleaner is a little harsh) for the metal to soak up, then Tetra grease on the rails.  I don't use the brake cleaner all the time, just every few thousand (~3k), otherwise I just wipe it down with an oily rag and grease where needed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
turbo_infidel,

I'd agree with all the above advice, but would recommend FP-10 for lube.

Great quote SGB
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
turbo_infidel,

I'd agree with all the above advice, but would recommend FP-10 for lube.

Great quote SGB

nice, I was just thinking about that....thanx
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx for all the info,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top