Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 11:46:16 AM EDT
I am looking for a quality 1911 that is reliable and works out of the box. The working out of the box is paramount. I really need something that is going to work well. I like the Kimber Warrior because it has an internal extractor and no guide rod. The SIG GSR and Revolution have full length guide rods and both have external extractors. Will these features cause a problem with function? I know SIG makes a great semi auto pistol in their P-- series, but did they hit the same ball with the GSR series? Opinions and ideas are welcome and wanted. Thanks!

If anyone else could think of a good 1911 with a rail that is under $1500 that would be great!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Oddly enough I had a thread very similar to this question

Go with the Revolution; their first production run had problems, if you decide to get the Sig.

Me, I test fired one, but it felt very...blocky in my hands, as compared to a Colt. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the Sig (I think it was a first-run, too; not a Revolution), I dunno...

I need to spend some more quality time with one before I make up my mind..
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one of the original railed GSRs, and although it had several "issues" that led to my trading it off, it had enough positives to it I promised myself to take a look later. I now ccw a Sig Revolution. Although you should of course check one out in person (which is true of any gun IMHO) judging by my example, I can't reccomend them highly enough. A ton of feaures, tight fit, accurate and reliable with no MIM parts, I feel it is the best 1911 this side of a Nighthawk (although S&W 1911s run a close second). As far as feel goes, it feels just like a 1911 to me (maybe because it is?) and the complaints I've read about the grip safety being "uncomfortable" has been a non issue for me. The grip safety design is a little differant looking than what I was used to seeing, but I haven't noticed any differant feel or discomfort when shooting. As I said, give one a try, I bet you'll like it. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top