Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:19:28 AM EDT
"People with poor impulse control should not possess a 1911.  Lab tests have confirmed that mere possession of one 1911 will lead to high blood pressure, insomnia, inappropriate erections and drained bank accounts.  Users known to have possessed at least one 1911 have complained that symptoms may lead to more 1911s and associated equipment.  Use with extreme caution."

I have owned my Kimber TLEII for over a year now and have grown very fond if it, external extrator and MIM parts notwithstanding.

#2 1911 came home yesterday.  A Wilson CQB in .45ACP - green/black, ambi-safety and speed chute.  Been waiting to get one since last summer when I shot a friend's CQB next to my Kimber.  No pics, yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

#2 1911 came home yesterday.  A Wilson CQB in .45ACP - green/black, ambi-safety and speed chute.  Been waiting to get one since last summer when I shot a friend's CQB next to my Kimber.  No pics, yet.

Dude, congrats! Hopefully later this year, I'll be getting it's twin (What's a "speed chute" though?)

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
very true.  just when you think you are safe, some jackass posts a pic of his decked out 1911 and you ID at least 2 parts you need to have but did not know it until you saw the pic
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Doh! Magwell, integrated with mainspring housing..... shoulda guessed!

Thanks,

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
LoL..so true (original post)

Ive had my SA GI for about 2 weeks, havent been able to get to the range but have already spend over 100bux on upgrades. lol. This is worse than ARs.

Oh yeah

<---------11k
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ive had my SA GI for about 2 weeks, havent been able to get to the range but have already spend over 100bux on upgrades. lol. This is worse than ARs.

Oh yeah

<---------11k

Posted in the 1911 forums

That is, quite obviously, a well invested post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah

<---------11k

Posted in the 1911 forums

That is, quite obviously, a well invested post.

LoL..yeah I was conscenous of my post count (not like it matters) I spend most of my time in the survival forums. but since ive gotten back into 1911s, ive been immersed over here. I previously had a Les Baer Concept VIII, but it was very tight and was picky about ammo, so I didnt shoot it much. Now ive gotten this SA GI, im anxious about 1911s again. Hoping to have a line on a S&W Scandium 1911 sometime in the near future.

*sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I always thought that the Wilson's with the green/black coating were great looking 1911's.  Be sure to report back after you get it out to the range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I always thought that the Wilson's with the green/black coating were great looking 1911's.

As I said to the distributor when he was locating exactly what I wanted, "The green/black looks dead sexy."  I am glad he had the config that I wanted in the green/black.  At first, I had no color preference, but it looks damn good!

Be sure to report back after you get it out to the range.

Will do.  I hope to skate out of work early and get some trigger time with it.  My gunner grips should be here tomorrow.  

die-tryin - Thanks for sharing your 11K post in mine, I am honored.  I can see how 1911s can be worse than ARs.  Before I joined this site, I only had one AR.  I am up to seven with plans for a few more.  1911s are easier to store, though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my first 1911 in 1982, have had at least two at any given point in time since then.  I had three for a long time, just picked up another.  Para Ordinance 7.45 LDA.  (My department flatly refuses to allow single action auto's for duty or off duty carry.)  Shoots good, smooth as any 1911 I have ever shot.  Once you get used to the goofy DA only, it's almost like a real 1911.  At least now, I can carry a decent hogleg.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a S&W Commander about a month ago. A week and a half later, I picked up the full size S&W. Then, I saw a Kimber Ultra Carry II I had to have.
Last Sunday at the Indy 1500 gun show, a NIB Colt .38 Super government model for $679.
You guessed it, all but one of them at home in the safe. The last one is on my person.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
i bought my first one today! It's Auto Ordnance, but hey for 300 bucks (in box) i couldn't pass it upK
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"People with poor impulse control should not possess a 1911.  Lab tests have confirmed that mere possession of one 1911 will lead to high blood pressure, insomnia, inappropriate erections and drained bank accounts.  Users known to have possessed at least one 1911 have complained that symptoms may lead to more 1911s and associated equipment.  Use with extreme caution."

That is so true.  I got my first 1911 a few years ago(SA 5" Loaded) and just this past year finally got me a carry size one(S&W 1911SC "Commander").  Now of course I want another 5", but with a rail, so I'm looking at the SA Operator.  I know I just created another sickness by starting to build my first AR....man I hate being so weak.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats!  What color gunners you gonna get?  Post pics when you can!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Just took a pic.  I went with the green gunner grips.

I was hoping to break in today, but work gets in the way of my range time.  Damn shame.  Will have it tomorrow with me at the range.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Took it out today with 381 rounds of .45.  Mixed rounds of 230gr Winnie White Box and 230gr Fiocchi.  Ran flawless.  Everything fired, ejected and extracted as it should.  I almost expected some "teething" issue during break-in, but shot without failure.

First impressions:

Oh My!  Much more accurate than I am or require.  Great trigger with very consistant break and short reset.  With the speed chute, mag changes were a cinch.  I rarely shoot with a magwell and it seemed to suck the mag right in.  All the mags used were Wilson 47Ds of various vintage.  One or two of the mags don't like to drop free.  I will give it some more trigger time to see if it breaks in a bit more before measuring the different mags.  Tonight it will get cleaned and I will put some different profile rounds down the pipe tomorrow and during the week to see how it likes it.

Next to my TLEII, there is no comparison.  As much as I love my Kimber, the Wilson is that much better and worth the extra scratch, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Cool deal.

Im about to leave in an hour or so to finally shoot mine. Havent shot it since I got it 2-3 weeks ago. Was hoping some more parts would come in today, but they didnt, so ill shoot it as is anyways.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#18]
What scares me is I am still looking for another one...  I have been haunting the EE and other places that gun sellers congregate.

I was never really "into" 1911s.  But that changed a few years ago.  My first experience with 1911s was my first roommate in the military.  He was a gun nut, no question.  He built a 10mm on a Caspian frame and I shot it a few times back in 1991.  I never gave 1911s much thought, after that.  My first handgun was a Sig and I have added two more Sigs, two HKs and a glock to the range bag.  Recently, a good friend (RIP) let me borrow his Les Baer Concept V for IDPA.  I had a great time with it and obviously, I added the Kimber to the range bag.  A few thousand rounds downrange with that and after shooting a buddy's CQB last year, I knew I had to have one.  Glad I got it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 All the mags used were Wilson 47Ds of various vintage.  One or two of the mags don't like to drop free.  I will give it some more trigger time to see if it breaks in a bit more before measuring the different mags.  

Wilson mags, are known as some of the best on the market but you will have to watch them.  Springs will weaken, followers will wear out, and the tubes can spread.  They are easily cleaned and tuned.  Just like the pistol they fit in, they require care and maintenance.   Without being Bill's biggest fan, I'll admit, they do some things right.  Congrats on the new noisemaker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top