Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 6:33:42 PM EDT
I blasted my Warrior at work and brought the parts home and dunked them in the park tank. Boy wasn't I surprised (not really that surprised) when some of the small parts didn't take park. The frame and slide are steel, so was the beavertail, extractor and the slide stop. The mag release, thumb safe and mainspring housing are stainless. I didn't do the bushing as I planned on replacing it at sometime.

Just a FYI....

I'll post some pix when I get all the new parts on it.

Pix on the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics would be great.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a pretty common practice for Kimber to use a mix of carbon and (blackened) stainless parts on their guns.  Not exactly why this is.  

Anyone know?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a pretty common practice for Kimber to use a mix of carbon and (blackened) stainless parts on their guns.  Not sure exactly why this is.  

Anyone know?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is a pretty common practice for Kimber to use a mix of carbon and (blackened) stainless parts on their guns.  Not sure exactly why this is.  

Anyone know?

Cost.

Oh, the plunger tube and ejector are also stainless. Those kinda irritated me. Anyway, I'll post some pix tonight as it sits. I replaced the MIM hammer already with a tool steel and plan on replacing the trigger, sear and disconnector. I also want to replace the stainless parts with steel that I'll park to match the rest of the pistol.

Ok here are a couple pix as it is now. Those are a cheap set of Cocobolo grips from CDNN. I plan on a nicer set of double diamond Hogues later.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there such a thing as Stainless MIM parts?

John
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Found this out myself. Did a little shaping on the safety and then it would take blueing. What a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is there such a thing as Stainless MIM parts?

John

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Found this out myself. Did a little shaping on the safety and then it would take blueing. What a pain in the ass.

Yeah. A costly PITA if you want to go replacing parts. My wife says I'm to anal about it. "It's just a gun!" she says. I said no it's not, it's a 1911!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#12]

NICE!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking fine!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top