Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 4:55:17 PM EDT
I am building up a parts list for a build on a S/A G.I.  When it comes to ejectors I have been lookig at Wilson and Ed Brown.  I know both make great parts so which one?  I've been leaning towards the Ed Brown because it is $17 vs $23.  Any insight would be great.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ed Brown makes a good product, Buy it and don't look back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I just swapped out an ejector in a Colt 1911A1 (early 70's Series 70) for a Wilson one...first one I ever did, and it went pretty easy.

Tomorrow, I give it the test run, but it fits perfect so far. Right now I'm more concerned I have extractor overtension than I do ejector problems (the Colt ejector was noticably smaller).

Haven't heard much about the Ed Brown one, but the Wilson dropped in with no fitting except for cutting the notch. Nothing a round file, or a Dremel and a soft touch, can't do.

Check out the Wilson...if you had the frames I'd say check out both, but because I know I haden't had to actually "fit" the Wilson...seems an easier way to go. (Dunno if  the EB needs to be truly fitted or not)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ed Brown makes a good product, Buy it and don't look back.

Get the Ed Brown  -  087-813-070
S70 Hardcore Extractor $28.95

or

Wilson   965-415-070
Series 70 B/P Extractor $27.95

Ed Brown it will be.  As for the extractor that will be a Wilson.

List so far:
Ed Brown-ejector, #890-T extended safety, match disconector and hardcore firing pin and stop.

Wilson Combat-Hammer strut and mainspring housing parts, barrel bushing, #31T mag catch, grip safety, #314 deluxe match grade sear, #337S S/S ultra lite hammer, #414B bullet proof slide stop, and #415, 70 seriers BP extractor.

Kart-Barrel.

Trigger-Medium solid v-series match trigger.

Mainspring housing-Smith & Alexander 20lpi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top