Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:29:56 PM EDT
First off, yes I have been searching the internet, but like all things there are places that jus dont seem to show up that have good deals. The reason why im asking.

I jus picked up a SA GI 1911. Im looking for some cheap good mags and some ammo. Seems most ammo prices are around 200-220bux for 230gr. I seen ammoman has some mags that are 7rd USGI for good price. Id prefer 8rders but 7rders will do. Any good deals on Chip McCormicks or Wilson mags anywhere?

thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
1000 rounds of Magtech is $192 shipped at cabelas.com  ($8.99/box, no tax, cheap shipping)

As for magazines check out 44mag
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There are "Cheap" mags  ,  "Expensive" mags , and "Good" mags.

But there are no  "Good Cheap Mags"  

Same with ammo.  

Seriously - if you have the Factory coupon , buy some of the Springfield mags.
Metalform and MecGar mags are good also and not TOO pricey.

Stick with 7 rd mags with the steel follower that has a small "dimple" or bump on it.
(this is the original improved Browning design )

the hungarian .45 acp FMJ at Ammoman is decent stuff for practice . and decent price.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are "Cheap" mags  ,  "Expensive" mags , and "Good" mags.

But there are no  "Good Cheap Mags"  

Same with ammo.  

Seriously - if you have the Factory coupon , buy some of the Springfield mags.
Metalform and MecGar mags are good also and not TOO pricey.

Stick with 7 rd mags with the steel follower that has a small "dimple" or bump on it.
(this is the original improved Browning design )

the hungarian .45 acp FMJ at Ammoman is decent stuff for practice . and decent price.

+1.  I have found my stock Springfield 7rndrs to be very good and will be using my coupon to order about 6 (maybe 10 ) more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilsons 47Ds can be had for ~$20 if you look (EE)

CMC will run $15

+1 on the metalforms and novacs for some cheaper mags

sportsmans has some 7rn mil-spec mags--they work for me, but i would only use em for the range
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, thanks for the replies. I jus found my coupon in the box, so I may jus get some factory mags to make things nice and simple. Those that IMd me, thanks for the offers I may get back with ya.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Reload your own. If you shoot enough, even a top shelf commercial press will pay for itself.
OR
If you can find someone locally that reloads, that you can TRUST, it might be a good alternative to factory ammo.  

Good cheap mags is almost an oxymoron with exceptions.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I have ONE guy I buy reloads from. ONE. I have dealt with him for 12 years and have never gotten one bad round. His ammo is as nice looking as factory, is all the same make and any time something is changed in his rounds, [different product, becomes unavailable et al] he makes some up and chronos them along with trying function in several firearms. If he runs his stuff F/A in a gun while he is holding it he must have a bit of confidence.  

I'm personally not a fan of SAs mags. Had to many problems with them. Spend your money and buy a few good ones rather then a lot of so so one's. You will be happier in the long run. WWB runs OK and you can get it at walmart pretty cheaply. MFS [hungarian] is pretty darn good ammo, VERY clean, and quite accurate for cheaper stuff. Much better then WWB in my opinion. Comes in a green/white/orange box, almost no residue at all, don't know the powder used but it is CLEAN as heck. Even the empty cases are almost perfectly clean. Try some, I'd bet you you will like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top