Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 6:19:33 PM EDT
Seems the holster wants me to carry my 1911 cocked and unlocked.  I can get it to close cocked and locked, but seems like holster wants that safety down.  tried to pop it in their half cocked and safety off but that's not it either.... anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Galco paddle, not sure of the model, PLE I believe. I have the same problem with this holster interfering with the thumb safety. Looks like a design flaw to me. I paid good money for it too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one bought in 1998, which I sold earlier this year - I had no problems w/ it. Can't comment on the new ones. That would suck, though...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and love it.  It is very comfortable!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I passed on the strapped holsters entirely---got one of these

Positive retention and pulls the gun TIGHT in. Very comfy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
 I am using the Fletch for my 1911.......LOVE IT!!!  Ya gotta massage the thing like a little veal calf for the first day or so to get it to fit up.....but once it does......pure Galco SWEETNESS!!!!!!

Getting one in mahogony red leather for my High Power once it's complete.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................

ETA: actaully read the post, here's some tips for ya:

Chapper....take the pistola out of the holster and flex and rub and stretch the holster by hand whilst watching T.V.  The FLETCH, like the little veal calf I mentioned, needs lots of rubbin' and lovin' to break it in.  DO NOT USE MINK OIL OR NEAT'S FOOT OIL!!!!  You'll make the leather TOO SOFT.

You will get it to fit, ya just gotta give it some lovin'......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought one for my LDA 745 this week. Very comfortable holster.  Can hardly tell it's there.  I did have a bit of a problem snapping it around the hammer spur.  I finally got it snapped by applying downward pressure on the snap with a straight blade screwdriver.  It only needed about 1/8" to close the snap.  I know it will stretch.  I was thinking of applying a little water witha a damp towel to help it stretch, but the "veal" approach seems much better.  I'll give that a try.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I left my 1911 in it for awhile, now I'm gonna go at the strap with a screwdriver just to make a little niche for the safety...

workmanship is amazing on it, that's true.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one but had the retention strap cut off and the edges refinished by a local cobble, and effectively made it into a Galco Combat Master.  i liked that much better, and never had issues with the safety.  I later gave that holster to a buddy who took that holster to the Iraq or AFG (can't rememer which) and it worked well for him there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've Never found a thumb break pancake holster that didn't end up kicking the safety off.

this is my first thumbreak, so it could be a general thing and not a galco thing...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top