Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 5:14:11 PM EDT
 Just bought a Springfield Champion for CCW. So far I love it. I was wondering if there are any mods I can get for it. I'm a newbie to this so I don't really know what all is out there. Just trying to get an idea of what mods everyone would recommend for this gun. Thanx.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
In order...

1. Ammo.
2. Trigger
3. Hammer
4. Ammo

I like to change the grips and fiddle fart around with parts until I get it to the way I like them.  Honestly, mine are modified for looks.  My Springfield seems to shoot fine just the way it came.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
what are some good triggers and hammer options?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as mods, it is a 1911, so there are any number of modifications that can be performed.  Play with it for awhile, and then check back to see what will most benefit you!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As far as mods, it is a 1911, so there are any number of modifications that can be performed.  Play with it for awhile, and then check back to see what will most benefit you!

He's talking about the gun, not your......... uh, nevermind
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
grips and ammo. i like vz.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Good choice!

Which Champion model did you get?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In order...

1. Ammo.
2. Trigger
3. Hammer
4. Ammo

I like to change the grips and fiddle fart around with parts until I get it to the way I like them.  Honestly, mine are modified for looks.  My Springfield seems to shoot fine just the way it came.

They still come with ILS?
If so, that's the first thing I'd change.
Then shoot the crap out of it.
Then decide if you want to do any trigger work.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I konw mine did two years ago.

I tried to lock it one time and broke the key off in the lock.  That ended that.

Are they interchangeable with other mainspring housings....why am I thinking there's a difference..
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I konw mine did two years ago.

I tried to lock it one time and broke the key off in the lock.  That ended that.

Are they interchangeable with other mainspring housings....why am I thinking there's a difference..

I don't recall if you can just replace the base pin, the spring and the cup...or if you have to redo the whole shebang.....I'd just do the whole damn thing and be done with it....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't recall if you can just replace the base pin, the spring and the cup...or if you have to redo the whole shebang.....I'd just do the whole damn thing and be done with it....

That's what I did.
I was ordering the parts, and I wanted to make sure I had all of the right parts, so I ordered them all and replaced them as a unit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the Loaded Champion Lightweight PX9149L.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top