Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 7:51:12 PM EDT
Well, if the new YoBo office beyatch figures out how email works!

Gonna be built off of a SS Series 70 NRM with ORM markings. If that makes any sense. Heinies, high cut and serrated front strap, full trigger work, SS barrel, beavertail, serrated MSH, and probably some other stuff I forgot.

Will look a lot like this other YoBo pistol, except its a GM S70:

Pic shamelessly stolen from Steve Bailey. Who else has guns on order from a smith?

ETA: I suck at the internet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Stainless will be sweet.  How long do you think it'll take?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If Colton builds it I suppose 4-5 months is possible, based on how long it took for them to get my brothers pistol done. I still have my Commercial to shoot in the mean time, so I'll make it

Ted Yost got his mits on a pair of SS S70s just like it with consecutive SNs......someone buy those and adopt me!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What happened to Anita?

Office beyatch
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to the "dark side" to shoot USPSA open class in 2006 and have two (!) 9mm major shorty open guns on order from Dan Bedell.  Hope to take delivery before March.  

This will bust my gun budget for awhile, but I already have most of what I need anyway.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two on order from them. I hope they live up to the praise that I've seen here since with the exception of AJohnston, it didn't seem like anyone actually had very many rounds through their YoBo guns. I am currently without 1911s as I sold my old ones to make way for these.

Also have a customized Nighthawk on order. It'll be interesting to directly compare samples from both shops. The semi-customs seem to be good values (provided they run) since you get all-new, high-quality parts, whereas with customs, it isn't until $3-4K full house territory that you get to forego factory parts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been very pleased with them.  Above and beyond in every case.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who else has guns on order from a smith?

Nothing on order yet, but I'm on Ned Christiansen's waiting list.  Should be another year or so.  Been looking at the YOBO's for awhile now.  If I order one now, I could have it before Ned calls, sneak one out the door to Ned without my wife seeing it....

Wouldn't be the first time I got in trouble.  Let us know when you get the new pistola.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an email from Don Williams, my time is here.  My series 70 Colt LW Commander will be going out to him tomorrow for his tactical package, a match barrel and some frontstrap serrations.  After that, have to figure out what I want to do with my NRM 1991 Gov't model.  The 1* Enhanced or Elite is kinda calling to me, but I don't know.  I'll be dropping quite a bit on the LWC even with Don's extremely reasonable prices, so it will take my gun fund some time to recover.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Cannot wait to see you get it back Combat....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Swap the Heinies for the Yo-Bo retros with a gold inlay on the front and trade the serrations for 30 lpi (like I recently got on my nrm series 80 stainless , see below)  The rear notch of Heinies aren't opened to 0.14" like every one wants now unless you ask.  All Yo-Bos have the 0.14" gap from the get go.  I have the Yo-Bo retros and the Yo-Bo Pro Grade.  The retros work quite well the Pros have trijicon inserts in the straight-8 pattern, but they sit up too high for my taste making it more diffcult to get an accurate sight picture.  

Also, get the top of the slide serrated to kick it over the top (like I wish I would have ordered .

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have two on order from them. I hope they live up to the praise that I've seen here...

Vinh - You'll like what you get... I'm quite sure of it.

I note you discovered how email works, but sent only updated contact info....nothing about pistols in there....

I'm just givin' you shit man.

MonkeyGrip, I already have a heater with all the goodies, now I need a "beater" that can go out into the woods with me. At least thats what I keep telling myself.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag, because it looks like a sweet assed gun, and because I like the way you talk about 1911's Jack.  Just like a movie star talks about her wardrobe on the red carpet...classy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Let's see...

- Colt S70 Repro from Chuck Rogers
- Caspian Titanium CCO from John Harrison
- STI/Caspian .40S&W "fat gun" from Virgil Tripp
- Caspian single stack on "Tactical" frame from Virgil Tripp

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Tag, because it looks like a sweet assed gun, and because I like the way you talk about 1911's Jack.  Just like a movie star talks about her wardrobe on the red carpet...classy.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to say this again.  The best deal in a truly custom 1911 that is readily available (if you don't want the "fancy stuff") but a great CUSTOM shooter is the Yost-Bonitz 1*Enhanced built on an SA G.I. for about $1500. If you want to take a step up go with the 1* Elite on a SA G.I. for about $1900. My suggestion for a GREAT shooter would be to save the $ on a 1* Elite and get the 1* Enhanced with a Kart barrel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

But of course!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#21]
'Mystery Pistolsmith' that would like to stay unamed because they have me on an unofficial waiting list that is supposed to not exist..hee hee
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm going to say this again.  The best deal in a truly custom 1911 that is readily available (if you don't want the "fancy stuff") but a great CUSTOM shooter is the Yost-Bonitz 1*Enhanced built on an SA G.I. for about $1500. If you want to take a step up go with the 1* Elite on a SA G.I. for about $1900. My suggestion for a GREAT shooter would be to save the $ on a 1* Elite and get the 1* Enhanced with a Kart barrel.

Agreed, if you don't want the extra milling work on the slide/frame then the 1*Enhanced package is the way to go and add the Kart barrel to replace the 2-piece variety on the Springer GI...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top