Ed Brown Hammer Strut
Wilson Link
Wilson Strut Pin
Wilson Link Pin
Ed Brown Extended Ejector
Stake Grip Screw Bushings
Wolff Springs throughout
Colt/Altamont wood grips
Series 80 Reliability/Carry Package, Trigger Pull Weight 4.0 lbs.
Complete Dehorn for Carry w/ Subtle Magwell Bevel
Enviro-Tech over MilSpec Parkerizing

close-up of the CMC beavertail..perfect fitting and no tooling/blending marks

close-up of the EB beavertail...
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful.  Classic lines.  I need one!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Clean and beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Very clean and functional.  One question though, is it blued or another type of black coating/finish?  Either way it looks very good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Very clean and functional.  One question though, is it blued or another type of black coating/finish?  Either way it looks very good.

The finish is what Bob Rodgers calls 'Enviro-Tech'. It's a Moly/Teflon finish (2 layers) on top of Mil-Spec Parkerizing. Kinda like Black-T with a little more sheen. It is has some nice lubricating, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance qualities. Mr. Rodgers has built quite a few custom 1911s with this finish for guys out in Florida and the report is that even with the heavy humidity down there, none of their guns has a spot of rust/corrosion on them after heavy use at the range, carried in duty holsters for extended periods of time and the finish holds very well after hundreds of drawstrokes from the holster. These guys had their guns atleast 2 years now and not a spot of rust/corrosion on them externally or internally. Blueing is nice but adds no corrosion resistance to the metal. Parkerizing is better but still very suseptible to humidity so this finish is definitely the way to go for anyone who will be carrying this gun and not leaving it in the safe. It is very comparable to Walter Birdsong's Black-T or Wilson's Armor-Tuff finishs. IMHO it beats Springfield's Armory-Coat and Kimber's KimPro's finishes. My Springfield Operator has the exact finish I and I love that thing...
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Very Nice!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The finish is what Bob Rodgers calls 'Enviro-Tech'. It's a Moly/Teflon finish (2 layers) on top of Mil-Spec Parkerizing. Kinda like Black-T with a little more sheen. It is has some nice lubricating, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance qualities. Mr. Rodgers has built quite a few custom 1911s with this finish for guys out in Florida and the report is that even with the heavy humidity down there, none of their guns has a spot of rust/corrosion on them after heavy use at the range and the finish holds very well after hundreds of drawstrokes from the holster. My Springfield Operator has the exact finish I and I love that thing...

Good to know, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.  Would you mind letting a fellow 91 owner know what that treatment cost?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice.  I particularly like the carry bevel.  That just looks smooth!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful....
Sean
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
gives me a great idea for my colt series 80 goverment mark 4 in 38 super.i love the look of the top strap being stiples or line engraved.mine actuarly has the flat top slide .
btw i prefere the ORM 1991.THEY ARE THE BENCHMARK IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful gun !

I've got a new Series 70 I would like to send to them as soon as I figure out how to finance it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice. Simple yet elegant.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Very nice.  Would you mind letting a fellow 91 owner know what that treatment cost?

It costed me a lot of OT and lunch brown bagging at work (Can someone say lots of tuna-fish sandwiches?).

I agree that the ORM 1991 has a certain attraction to it (even with the big rollmarked letters on the left side of the slide). This specimen I bought brand new from a fellow ARFcomer who had it in his safe for years. The slide to frame fit was exceptionally tight for this gun, unlike most ORMs from the 90's...
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
That would be me, Bro!

BTW, that's how I do it, too.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Bob Rodgers has prices listed on his website.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
BTT..updated with more pics
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:39:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Dang, I wish Springfield still made Operators with full length railed dust covers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Deleted, I looked up the specs on 1911forum
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Dang, I wish Springfield still made Operators with full length railed dust covers.

Dawson Rail on a Les Baer Monolith anyone?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Dead link to the 1911 forums.  Possible to get a updated link?  I've got a bonestock 1991 that could do with that treatment, and I'd like to see the list.  Sweet pieces!  Love it.  

ETA:  Got link to work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a SA loaded that I want to send him after the first of the year, for that finish along with some other items.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top