Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:00:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Carry all the non-MIM parts for 1911s.

Grip panels. ( I am sure everyone has more than a couple for their 1911s.)

Barrels? (Bar-Sto, Knowlin..)

10 round mags. (the extended base paddes McCormicks come to mind)

....and PLEASE....dont kill us with the shipping!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to carry holsters too?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Non-MIM, stainless components like extractors and such....I REALLY like Cylinder and Slide components. C and S is a great company fronted by some very nice folks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]
IWB stuff, Kydex and leather.
I'm thinking Comp-Tac, Sidearmor, Alessi, Sparks etc...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Milt Sparks Holsters

Thin grip panels, thin bushings and screws.

Wilson mags
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Black and Coyote Gunner Grips would good item to stock.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Non-MIM FCG parts
C&S
Nowlin
Brown

Sights:
Heine
Bo-Mar
Novak

Barrels:
Kart
Bar-Sto
Nowlin
Storm Lake Machine

Frames and slides:
RRA
Wilson
Caspian

Small parts:
(like pin kits, extractors, ejectors, grip screws/bushings, springs, mainspring housings, magwells, barrel bushings, beavertails, thumb safetys, slidestops)
Brown
Wilson
Smith and Alexander
Caspian
Nowlin
Wolff springs
Clark

Other:
Milt Sparks leather
Wilson Mags
McCormick Mags
Start makeing a clone of the Pachmeyer widget for assembling the thumbsafe into the frame

That should get you going

I used too get my parts from Denny's Shooters Supply in IA back in the late 90's but they are now out of business. Now it's Brownells and Midway. Good to see someone jump on this.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Comp1911 has a really good list.  You might even want to offer a "rebuild" kit of sorts for those folks who want to get rid of the MIM parts on their guns.  The C&S hammer, sear and disconnect set is easy to install and rarely needs fitting.  Include that, a Bullet Proof slide stop, firing pin stop and extractor and you'd have a pretty good package for Springfield and Kimber owners looking to "upgrade".
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Comp1911 has a really good list.  You might even want to offer a "rebuild" kit of sorts for those folks who want to get rid of the MIM parts on their guns.  The C&S hammer, sear and disconnect set is easy to install and rarely needs fitting.  Include that, a Bullet Proof slide stop, firing pin stop and extractor and you'd have a pretty good package for Springfield and Kimber owners looking to "upgrade".

Awesome idea.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

heck i would buy the kit!
ETA: just try and beable to name all the parts in the kit, i hate it when people have kits and as far as you know its all noname stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on the MIM replacement kits, Chip McCormick mags too
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Yost-Bonitz of Tempe Az has a line of fire control components and sights for the 1911 and Glock out.  I really like those guys, and their stuff is great.  Give Lew Bonitz a call.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yost-Bonitz of Tempe Az has a line of fire control components and sights for the 1911 and Glock out.  I really like those guys, and their stuff is great.  Give Lew Bonitz a call.

+1

I'd like to try their FCG.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

heck i would buy the kit!
ETA: just try and beable to name all the parts in the kit, i hate it when people have kits and as far as you know its all noname stuff.

a

If we decdie to the the "kits" they will be name brand parts.  I only like to deal with the best and if thats what you order, thats what you get.  None of the switcheroo that some dealers have pulled in the past.  We've got great feedback thus far and don't want to screw that over to make a few extra dollars.  Keep the ideas coming...

Neme brand parts in thier original packaging, absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FRIGGIN' Awesome idea.

I added a bit of emphasis just for fun!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It is EDM cut, but not fitted prior to shipping. That said, it would probably come with a better than stock trigger since the hammer and sear were cut for each other.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FRIGGIN' Awesome idea.

I added a bit of emphasis just for fun!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It is EDM cut, but not fitted prior to shipping. That said, it would probably come with a better than stock trigger since the hammer and sear were cut for each other.

I've looked at purchasing a set recently. I already had a older tool steel McCormick hammer in the gun with the MIM sear and disconnector so i just bought a Nowlin sear and disconnector for that project. I do have a Warrior that needs to be de-MIM'ed so its going to be YoBo or C&S for it. I'm also going to fit a new bushing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd be interested in the parts kits mentioned above.

How about some 400 corbon or 460 Rowland stuff.  Maybe complete slides put together.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#26]
tagged
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#28]
So... do I get a free smaple for coming up with the MIM fix kit?  LOL  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#32]
+1

Outstanding idea!  Let me know when the kits are ready to go.  I'm in for one.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#35]
tageed..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#36]
IF you can get all this stuff put together...IF you can beat Brownell's prices...IF you can beat their shipping (and you'd have to be a 2 fingered blind hunchback not to..)

Then yah, you'll get a lot of the business I'd normally throw Brownell's way, simply because they're the only ones I know of who have all the parts I'm one of those guys who believes in modifying the cheap parts first, which means I'll usually go through slide stops, firing pin stops, safetys, etc more often than people use their microwaves..

Especially if you have a website that showcases the products that's easier to navigate than Brownell's (again, your designer would have to be mentally challenged to not meet that goal)..

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Big +1 on this.  This is just about exactly what I just did with a 10 year old Kimber I picked up at a gun show.

The parts I picked:

C&S Tactical match "trigger pull kit"
Sprinco recoil spring
bullet proof slide stop
bullet proof extractor
high ride ambi thumb safety

I entirely agree on the C&S kit not needing much fitting at all.  I was pleased to find out it worked right out of the box on mine.  I'm kind of particular, but was very pleased with it.

I think putting together kits like that with options would be a brilliant idea, but maybe tough on the logistical end.  I just buy the stuff, so I know it would make my buying easy, but I don't know how easy it would be to package it.  

ETA:  Should have read the whole thread first - sounds like a great deal - when I'm ready to upgrade my Springer, I'll see you!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#39]
How about a MSH replacement type of kit for Springfield owners..Arched or flat MSH, complete with all parts nessessary to replace MSH's with SA's ILS. All springs, pins, caps,everything. All in one package, Blued Stainless or Parked MSH's, What do you think?? I think they would sell like hotcakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top