Quoted:
You were one of the guys who convinced me to buy it

I'm glad I did, enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread is worthless without pics
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the best I could do indoors. I don't have any photography lights or anything and it was a dark cloudy day outside today.

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one.  Give us a complete report.  Fit and finish.  Feeding habits.  Etc., etc., etc.

I'm on the fence about ordering one.  Push me over that proverbial edge....

Woody
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Definitely let us know how it shoots before declaring it to be outstanding.

Quoted:
I want one.  Give us a complete report.  Fit and finish.  Feeding habits.  Etc., etc., etc.

Woody

Unfortunately Woody, you can't. To the best of my knowledge, there will be no more ADCO/RRA 1911s, which is a shame because I suspect they were better than RRA's regular offerings.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Definitely let us know how it shoots before declaring it to be outstanding.

Quoted:

Woody

Unfortunately Woody, you can't. To the best of my knowledge, there will be no more ADCO/RRA 1911s, which is a shame because I suspect they were better than RRA's regular offerings.

True, I totally agree. Unfortunately and I honestly don't understand why, but I'm not in the business. You'd think these fine 1911s at $1525 would sell like "hotcakes".  I bought two from Steve (Bigbore) at ADCO from the next to last run. One went to Walter Birdsong for his Black-T finish. The other went to Virgil Tripp and had the slide and frame flats brushed hardchromed and the rounds matted. Still consider them two of my favorites.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Correct. We are no longer offering the ADCO RRA 1911s.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

[email protected]

I'm sure Steve has his reasons but it's a shame. I fondled handled one right before Xmas and it was beautiful. I put about 100 rounds through it and came away very impressed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

[email protected]

Damn, thats a shame.

Did RRA cut you off becuase of the Basic Carry model they just released?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#15]
RRA cut us off? Now that is funny!  The Basic Carry didn't even exist until the ADCO guns started to fly off the shelves, Bro. No, it was all an internal decision. In order for us to continue to bring good gear to you inexpensively, we have to constatly look at the best ways for us to do that. Difficult decisions are made all the time. No big deal...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
RRA cut us off? Now that is funny!  The Basic Carry didn't even exist until the ADCO guns started to fly off the shelves, Bro. No, it was all an internal decision. In order for us to continue to bring good gear to you inexpensively, we have to constatly look at the best ways for us to do that. Difficult decisions are made all the time. No big deal...

[email protected]

10-4, so it was an ADCO decision.

I was under the impression RRA had made this decision.

Damian, thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#17]
See my post in the other RRA thread...  Just got a Basic Limited Match, ran 50 rds through it this past weekend and hopefully a couple hundred more this weekend.  

This is the only 1911 I've ever fired, so not a lot to compare to.  I've handled/inspected every brand out there at last years Shot show.

No failures or stoppages of any kind shooting 230 grain magtech FMG.  Used the mag it came with and 3 extras I got from ADCO (metalforms I beleive).  Trigger pull is amazing.  More accurate than I will ever be.

Fit and finish is perfect.  Nice blueing, checkering is straight and even.  Very tight fit.  When I first got it and before firing it,  I could barely press the slide release with my thumb.  After the first 50 rds it had loosened up just enough.  

Again, not a lot of experience with 1911's, but I couldn't ask for anything more from this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top