Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:52:25 AM EDT
Looking at getting my wife to try out the 1911, and I think she'd do well to start with the .22LR cartridge.  Is there a general concensus on the .22 conversion kits?  Whichs ones are good and which ones to stay away from?

Anyone who has purchased one recently: I'd love to hear how much you paid and where you found it.

TIA!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what I am saving my money for:

www.marvelprod.com/unit2.htm
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Will the conversion kits work on a Commander sized frame? I like the idea of getting one but i only have a Kimber CDP II and a Kimber Tactical Pro II both are obviously 4"  barrells.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will the conversion kits work on a Commander sized frame? I like the idea of getting one but i only have a Kimber CDP II and a Kimber Tactical Pro II both are obviously 4"  barrells.

Edit because I don't really know what I'm talking about...  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually everything on a commander frame is the same size except for one thing. the length of the dust cover. It is slightly shorter on a 4" pistol than a 5". So what i am asking is will the slide fit on a commander frame? without leaving a gap at the muzzle end of the dust cover.

EDIT: I just went to kimbers website and this is written in the RIMFIRE section

"Kimber Conversion Kits fit all Kimber .45 ACP pistols with either 4-inch or 5-inch barrels and single stack magazines. They also work with Kimber .45 ACP Compact models but the magazine protrudes below the grip frame. Conversions will not work with .40 S&W or 38 Super models. "
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Ciener unit with adjustable sights.  If I remember correctly, it was $250 and the model with fixed sights is/was $200.  It works very well, but you will have to try different types of ammo to find some your model likes.  Mine seems to do well with 36g bullets instead of the 40s.

As someone mentioned, they fit on standard 5" and 4" models.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one not long after I bought my Kimber.
This was a few years ago and I paid a couple hundred for it.
By the looks of it and the box, I thought it looked like a Ceiner with the Kimber name put on it instead, I don't know if that's true.

I've shot mine a fair amount and I really like it alot.
For a beginner, it could be a useful tool.
For just practicing drawing and aiming, while shooting live rounds, it's worth the money to me.

I'm planning on getting a conversion kit for my Glock30.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
kblagg,
don't you sell the glock30 kit?
I'll  have to call you, I really want one with a couple of extra mags.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top