Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 4:45:11 PM EDT
I picked up a 1991 Colt with 2 mags,  looks hardly used at all. Paid $400 for it, is that a fair price??
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems fair.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems fair.  Shoot it yet?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I will try and get it to a range and run it through the paces. Report back when I have.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good buy, I bought one for the same price at Cabalas in Dundee Mi. It is the best damn shooting gun I have bought recently. Already had some beautiful cocobolo grips on it.I doubt if more then 1 or 2 boxes of ammo went down the pipe on it as the parking was still 99% on the framerails. Good guns, just did not have the final polishing and blue of the higher end models. Everything else was pretty much the same. You will like it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I picked up a 1991 Colt with 2 mags,  looks hardly used at all. Paid $400 for it, is that a fair price??

fair????  shit, your a master thief!!!!  ...that's a damn good price!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fair????  shit, your a master thief!!!!  ...that's a damn good price!!!

These are often a great buy, if only because the finish is dull and the grips sucked, [the older ones were very prone to cracking, often within a box or so of ammo. I suspect mine did and the previous owner put on aftermarket wood one's. I would buy every one I could for $400 bucks, they are a much better gun then the SA GI model or SA Milspec. And these have one piece BBls and very little MIM. If one does not like the FP safety, you can remove it, put in a spacer and it is basically a GI gun clone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top