Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 11:29:54 AM EDT
My new series 70 Colt 1911 throws an occasional case up and back into my forehead.
It has never jammed nor had any FTFs or FTEs, just this occasional annoyance.
Any thoughts ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You either need to have the ejector tuned or replaced with a longer one. Charles.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I didn't pay that much attention to where the others landed but I'll take note of that tomorrow and post back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, upon further review, nearly ALL of the ejected cases are coming out on top.  There are brass marks on the top of the slide, rear edge of the ejection port.
It's throwing them quite high, nearly straight up or to the rear.
Still no FTFs, FTEs or any other reliability issues.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My new series 70 Colt 1911 throws an occasional case up and back into my forehead.
It has never jammed nor had any FTFs or FTEs, just this occasional annoyance.
Any thoughts ?

Sonofagun....I just IM'd AJohnston about a very similar problem on a Les Baer....except that I'm a lefty, and it's a lot more than a minor annoyance to me
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The ejector can be tuned to throw the cases where you like. However, before touching it, check the inside of the ejection port; if the port has not been lowered, then the brass could be hitting it and deflecting upwards... lowering the ejection port may be an appropriate remedy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The ejector can be tuned to throw the cases where you like. However, before touching it, check the inside of the ejection port; if the port has not been lowered, then the brass could be hitting it and deflecting upwards... lowering the ejection port may be an appropriate remedy.

After looking at the ejection port the brass is hitting it on the bottom edge.
Is there a cure for this other than lowering the port ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top