Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 3:09:09 PM EDT
I fixed my friend's 45 once, he had an Eliason target sight, nice sight, but never seemed to hold a zero. I noticed one of the pins seemed loose, drove it out, and it was in two pieces. So, I took a small drill bit, trimmed a piece the right length, hammered one end just a little bit flat to make for an interference fit, and hey presto it was fixed! And my friend went on to get his Distinguished. So, drill bits can be your friends.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the boards ILP.

Nice piece of "MacGyver"ism there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks all, it's all about the McGyver.

I actually signed on to be able to communicate with someone else who comes here, took two days to figure out how to log on due to the usual excellent site design (internet is still in the stone age, really) and then did this post to see if I could do a post. And well, it's a fix that got his gun working right. h.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top