Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 11:26:59 PM EDT
To those here more knowledgeable than I for helping me get my Colt commander up and running after a local smith F*ed up a barrel install.  

Particularly SGB and Hobbs5624, I appreciate the info and the help on the hardware ( SGB )

I took it out this last weekend and although I still dont shoot it as well as the government models it was 100% reliable and the trigger was significantly better.     It comfortably ate wolf and a bunch of LSWCs without a hiccup.      I also learned a lesson, it's better to ship it to someone that knows what they're doing than to trust the local guy you're unsure about.

Next up will probably be sights, I can ship the slide to someplace for the work without the hassle of overnighting it.    I'm thinking another set of Novaks or ???    Any suggestions for a carry sight would be appreciated.  

Here's the before ( Stainless on the bottom )

As soon as the camera batteries charge I'll post an after pic of the little stainless commander.

Now it has an STI short trigger, sharp edges (lots of them!) have been taken down and the entire gun bead blasted to a matte finish.   Less BBQish and more of a working piece.  

And here it is, still need new grips and sights and of course I'd like to checker the frontstrap but that'll have to wait awhile.  

A note on the STI trigger:
I've tried the videki on my govt model and like it, tried a Wilson 3 hole long alumiunum on this commander but it didnt feel right and was kind of sloppy.   The STI dropped in, fit perfectly with no slop and very short takeup.   With the slightly ....wierd frontstrap shape of the enhanced model colt the short trigger just felt better for my little girly hands.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
For CCW, I like the Novak tactical sights.  Tiy can get them with inserts or without.  They look like the ones on the middle gun in your pic.

It's good to hear of another happy owner from the AR-15 boards.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For CCW, I like the Novak tactical sights.  Tiy can get them with inserts or without.  They look like the ones on the middle gun in your pic.

It's good to hear of another happy owner from the AR-15 boards.

I've been pretty happy with the Novaks on that govt model.   I was just wondering about something different for the commander.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top