Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 3:57:50 PM EDT
its got target sights--all black, adjustable

they were asking for $799

think they would take $700 cash OTD? should i offer that? what would be a fair price?

also, they had a SA mil-spec for $439

and a "High Standard" mil spec 1911 for $399, is this a good brand/price? same brand that makes those nice .22 semi autos?--heard they are crappy from several sites

or should i just get a SA loaded for $675 transfered via the internet?

he also had a SA loaded type .38 super for $460--but ammo is scarce

Colt series 80 (i think), $500.....? only glanced at it, but will look closer later on

thanks all

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A Loaded 38 Super for $460? Jump on that for the love of God! Ammo isn't that scarce. $799 is way too much for a Kimber Target. A shop in Eynon, Pa has a used Series 1 Stainless for $700. Very lightly used.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A Loaded 38 Super for $460? Jump on that for the love of God! Ammo isn't that scarce. $799 is way too much for a Kimber Target. A shop in Eynon, Pa has a used Series 1 Stainless for $700. Very lightly used.

no can do--promised myself the first gun i buy is going to be a 1911 in .45acp

i'm pretty sure its loaded, it had a spurless hammer and checkering, but i did not pay too much attention to it.......will check again
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd be looking hard at the Series 80 Colt for $500 myself.

i did not check out the colt line he had too well b/c i was pretty much intent on either a kimber (till they started to have the external extractors) and Springfield

i'll scope out the colt on my next pass there and compare it to the kimber and the SA .38 super....

so many choices, so little cash

DAMN you EE!

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wouldn't get the series II Kimber.  Beyond that all your options sound fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top