Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 10:26:06 PM EDT
Hello folks.

I've been loving my 1911 since I switched from Glocks, due to ergonomics and its skinny profile which fits my hands better. I originally had a hogue grip with finger grooves on it but since then I changed to the regular pierce grip with palm swells. I thought it was a good idea first but after one year of use I realized I don't like the feel of some space between my palm and the pistol due to the palm swell.

Are there any grips w/o palm swell that is slightly thinner than regular 1/4" profile?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. "Thin grips" are about 1/8" wide. I like them a lot.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
VZ makes some nice slimline grips.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]

I put thin grips on my SA 1911 , and a flat mainspring housing too.
Makes it feel like a different gun.

Another link------ woodgrips.com/1911_ultra_thin.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Slimline series:

http://www.alumagrips.com/

Great customer service, great product.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's a pic of the slimline VZ grips:

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help folks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at those slim grips, but there is also an intermediate "contoured" grip that Brownells has. It is regular thickness on the ends of the grips, so it uses standard grip bushings, but it tapers down in the center for your fingers. I have small hands and the shallow center feels great and allows more of my finger to reach the trigger. I had a pair of slim grips on my SA, but I just took them off and put on these contoured grips and I love em!

ETA:Link
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The Simonich Gunner grips use the regular bushings and seem just a little thinner than the standard walnut and cocobolo grips that cams on my Kimber and SA.

I also have a set of cocobolo palmswell grips made by Hogue.  They are not quite as thick as the rubber versions, but still have a pronounced swell in the same location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top