Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 2:07:44 PM EDT
This is NIB, a model that I believe taurus made the frame for SA. It says >F I  Brazil< on the frame. Anyway,....[1]I need a larger length grip surface, my pinky falls off the bottom. Like with the G30 are there any extended mags available? [2]Also 1 mag is SA and the other is megar(sp) 6rnds. Will full sized 7 round 1911 mags fit? What are the best aftermarket to aquire if so? TIA!  Any advice apprieciated,...this is a first 1911 4me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is NIB, a model that I believe taurus made the frame for SA. It says >F I  Brazil< on the frame. Anyway,....[1]I need a larger length grip surface, my pinky falls off the bottom. Like with the G30 are there any extended mags available? [2]Also 1 mag is SA and the other is megar(sp) 6rnds. Will full sized 7 round 1911 mags fit? What are the best aftermarket to aquire if so? TIA!  Any advice apprieciated,...this is a first 1911 4me.

Nope, not made by Taurus.  Imbel makes SA's frames and slides, and they make good stuff.  I've never seen a mag grip extension for a compact 1911, but that doesn't mean they aren't available.  IIRC, a full size mag should fit--might not feed reliably because the mags tend to fit a little loose in 1911s and there's minimal support at the base.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
More than likely you have the steel framed compact model with traditional feedramp and bbl.
All the LW compacts I've done(7 total) did not have the Brazil markings.The LW series are some of the most sought after for carry,(disc in 2003)they have a 4" ramped bull barrel.As far as the magazine grip situation you have 2 choices-Wilson #47DOX,#47DOXB an 8 round mag with a special base pad
to prevent over insertion to Compact frames or www.gripextender.com makes a type of spacer that slips over gov't mags and provides a ledge for finger grip.If you need more info regarding the Compact line of guns drop me an I/M  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top