Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 12:23:48 PM EDT
Are these any good? Do any of you have some pics of them? How comftorble are they compared to other grips?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the Simmonich Gunner grips?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I am.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Tough and do their job REALLY well.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
But, do they make any UGLY ones?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But, do they make any UGLY ones?

they did, someone bought up all of the ugly ones
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they still in business?

IIRC, Mr  Simmonich died in a traffic accident and his wife was considering 'options'

BTW: Those are terrific looking grips. Are they "tacky" or hard surfaced? curious, since they look like they may be tacky, which I would prefer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

IIRC, Mr  Simmonich died in a traffic accident and his wife was considering 'options'

BTW: Those are terrific looking grips. Are they "tacky" or hard surfaced? curious, since they look like they may be tacky, which I would prefer.

He's dead? When did that happen? Thats a bummer, those grips are one of the best out there....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Grips work great, but as the instructions say, they are designed to be used with Nomex gloves.  If you ccw with a gun with them on, using only a tee shirt, be prepared for a lovely little rash on your side LOL.  If you shoot without gloves be prepared for blisters.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

As far as I know they are still in business!!!! Christine is a heck of a noce Gal too!!!!

Sean
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I love my gunner grips. They are fairly comfortable as far as non rubber grips go and let you grip the gun very well. I don't have much experience with different 1911 grips, but I don't think I'll ever be parting with these. Sorry, but this is the only picture I've taken of my 1911 since getting them, and it was to show off my new concealed carry rig.

The grips are stiff/hard and are not sticky. The gripping property comes from the honeycomb texture. The little card that came with them says they are made from some sort of laminate/synthetic material. I do not remember the card mentioning anything about the grips being designed for use with gloves, but I could be mistaken. I’ve only had a chance to carry my 1911 with them for one day since I have been waiting on my holster and belt, and my back is fine without any ill effects from the grips. I haven’t gotten any blisters from shooting without gloves. Hell I was more worried about the sharp 20 LPI checkering on my TRP Operator than the gunner grips, and I didn’t have a problem with that either. Granted I haven’t had a chance to shoot much since I bought the pistol. I think the poster above me saying they are too harsh on your hands/back may have exceptionally girly hands/skin. I have very sensitive skin and it is tolerable to me.

Sorry to hear about Mr. Simmonich. I ordered my grips a couple of months ago, so I would assume they’re still in business.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The business is alive and well, Christine is even in the process of making Browning Hi Power grips as we speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top