Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:06:48 PM EDT

Don't flame this guys add as he is probably around but I need to know if a Sistema Colt has any collector's value. I would like to purchase a sistema because I spent time in that part of the world and would love the crest etc.
I would like to get it refinished and customized but need to know a little more about the collector value and customization possiblities.
Could I put sights on it? Beavertail? forward slide serrations? Checkering on the front strap? Commander hammer? longer trigger? etc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it depends. It doesn't look like one of the Colt contract guns (Which are worth more)...standard Sistema, made down there, is what it looks like.

Check to make sure it's not an actual Colt-produced piece made under contract...those are worth a fair premium as they are pretty rare as compared to other 1911/1911A1 models.

I have a couple Sistemas. SGB's price range is about right, depending on grade, etc.

They make a great platform for learning or customizing. You can do anything with it you want, anything you could do to any 1911 out there.

My Sistema is on page 6 of the inaugural picture thread tacked up top of this forum...6th or so up from the bottom.  A work in progress
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree on the price.

I have one that used to look real close to that.   I will have to post pics when I get done with it.  (It's nearing completion now).

All of the dimensions are just like a Colt, customise away to your hearts content.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. Another question
how hard is it to carry a full size 1911? I've only carried a compact revolver and subcompact glock. I am 5'11" and about 190 lbs would it be hard to conceal with the proper belt/holster combo?
If its too hard how hard is it to shorten the slide etc for better carry?

ETA: thanks again for the quick responses
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not hard to hide a full size 1911. You just gotta have a good holster. Its a flat gun, and that helps.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Aye, most 1911's are single stack so they are flatter.

You can look up many threads about what holsters are suggested for 1911 CCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top