Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 3:58:46 PM EDT
anybody ever have there mag release lock up? i did earlier.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the mag release just removed/installed?    Is it a new gun?    I would have to almost assume that the catch in the release button did not get fully turned or something.  I have never heard of one getting stuck unless the screw/catch has been turned.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull the mag lock out of the pistol, and pull the retain lock and spring.  Chances are the end of coil wind (retaining side) has a end bur that is catching the lip edge in the channel.

Best solution is to just chuck the catch spring up in a drill, and spin file the end of coil down so it fits flush or a little under size than the end of retainer.  Also, a little lapping compound on a Q-tip spun in the spring/retaining channel goes a long way to smooth out the catch pressure needed to actavate the catch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top