Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:00 AM EDT
I'm 'gonna throw this gun in the EE in the next few days, and need to determine a fair and reasonable selling price...
I posted a thread in GD a few weeks ago, but didn't get any solid/consistent numbers.
In an effort to conform to forum rules, please don't email me attempting to purchase via this thread. I WILL list it in the EE once I get a good idea what to sell for...

MODS:
If this is not the correct forum for this discussion, please direct me to the correct place before locking my thread.

Thanks in advance !

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Colt...

Never seen a dimple like that on the side of the rear sight?

Also, .45 Match barrel...

It almost looks like the hammer was lightly bobbed at one point? (I can't really tell as I don't have a frame of reference on-hand)

Offhand...between $600-$1200 depending, probably closer to $800/$1000...

Too bad my new driver's license won't be with me for another couple weeks, otherwise I'd take a stab at buying it from you (can't get a Permit to Purchase here without a valid DL, and I just moved..)

Looks like a well-cared-for piece.

HTH

ETA: Looking closer at the photos, yep, hammer looks bobbed. Also it looks like it might have an aftermarket extractor, possibly slide stop as well. (Can't really tell)

I'll revise my price...$600-$800. As a shooter, it'd be a great one. It'd make a great project gun, too.

How's the barrel? Any frosting? Lands/grooves good/not worn to nothing/etc? Any pitting anywhere?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thx guys...
That gives me something to work with...   Off to the EE it goes...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen rear sights with a dimple in them like that before.   Usually that is done when the rear sight is loose and they use a center punch to distort the metal of the sight (better than screwing the frame up) so that it becomes wider and stays in the dovetail better.  

Nice Colt, Dragracer   From the serial number, I would say that gun was manufactured in 1944.  Too bad it's been altered as much as it has.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top