Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:01 PM EDT
I want to replace the main spring housing first to get rid of the crappy ILS one.  What all do I need besides the housing?  I've heard the ILS uses different pins and such than a standard housing.

Also I plan to take it to a smith for a trigger job.  Will an officer size frame use all the same trigger internal parts or are they any different in size from a government 1911?  I've never had a compact 1911 before and haven't stripped it down all the way so I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Stuff you will need to switch out that ILS:

-a new mainspring housing, obviously
-a new mainspring, Officer's ACP length
-a new mainspring cap, mainspring housing retainer pin (both in Officer's ACP size, which is larger in diameter)
-a new mainspring cap pin

The fire control parts for a trigger job, such as the hammer, disconnector, and sear, sear spring, and trigger are all the same as any other 1911, with the exception of a Colt Gold Cup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top